Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Keyframe Basics
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought PD12-Ultra last week. I have a passing acquaintance with video editing from the Dark Ages (first Avio, then Pinnacle), but have never used keyframes before. I understand the concept, but am having difficulty understanding the details in PD12. Specifically, what is the sequence of keystrokes used, what are the little red and gold triangles, when do you click to add or copy a keyframe, when do you drag the blue dot, the white corners, etc.

Can anyone refer me (or provide a link) to a very simple, very clear tutorial on the basics of keyframes in PD? I can make things happen, but the outcome is more or less random, whereas I'd like to go from wanting to do a particular movement to actually implementing it. Does this make sense? Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Dan -

Here's a stack of tutorials - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30026.page

You'll find keyframes dealt with in many of them, especially if you look under the Video Crop, PiP Designer & Magic Motion sub-headings.

Some of those tutorials were made by Cranston, a forum member who's temporarily "out of action" but who knows more about keyframes & PD than most PD users you'll come across.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for directing me to the list...I'll see if I can figure out the basics. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6