Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would buy this right now if you provided Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 beta support
bernard2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 22:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to view my 3D Blu-rays on the Oculus Rift DK2 because the Stereoscopic 3D effect would be the best. Why don't you offer support for Oculus Rift DK2 ? Or will you offer support? When?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I would like to view my 3D Blu-rays on the Oculus Rift DK2 because the Stereoscopic 3D effect would be the best. Why don't you offer support for Oculus Rift DK2 ? Or will you offer support? When?

This is what I read about Oculus from TechRadar. Why should Cyberlink support something that is still in the development stage?

"Our early verdict

"Intrepid developers are receiving Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2, which includes worthy upgrades like a 1080p virtual reality display and motion tracking. But it's still meant for early adopters and is not a consumer product."

For
1080p display
Positional head-tracking
Less motion blur
More immersive than ever

Against
Not yet a consumer product
Still some lo-fi visuals

If you want Cyberlink to support it in the future, make the suggestion directly to Cyberlink. As you know this is a users group and has no insight into what Cyberlink is planning for the future. If it is important to you and you think there will be a fairly large market, you will make the effort to contact Cyberlink. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.