Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing Scrolling Text
[Post New]
Is there a tut on how to edit the text in a title. When I do it it takes minutes to do anything. It seems like the program freezes but then catches up to what I am trying to do. I quit using PD12 because of the time it takes to edit titles. VS Pro X7 does not slow down when I use text in titles. I want to use PD 12 but cant wait several minutes to create a title. My project has about 3 pages of text and the scroll time is set at 1:30. Anyone else having this problem? ASUS GL752VW/ Windows 10 64 bit / 16GB RAM / Intel i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M / PD14 Ultimate -2820
[Post New]
Here also has this problem, already have another topic on this case.
The problem is more evident when the text is long or has many strings, I think, especially text Scroll Up
Until it is resolved by Cyberlink, I use a palliative, adding text in different tracks, disabling the track text is ready for editing, in the end active all and save to file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2014 17:46

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Playsound's workaround of making multiple scrolling titles works - all you need to do is put them on different tracks so you can offset them

Is there a tutorial Yes

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2014 18:42

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thanks to both playsound and ynotfish. What a debacle. I watched the video and what a terrible, terrible way to enter text in a program. After I looked up the word "palliative", I knew there was going to be a problem. Did I say it is a terrible, terrible way to handle text? I would have expected that after handling all of the complications of creating a complete video, Cyberlink could handle a little text better than this. Anyway, now I know it isn’t just me with the problem. I got so frustrated with the wait times on this project I quit PD12 and went to VS Pro X7. I prefer PD12 because it has a larger selection of effects but I couldn’t handle the insane wait times. Thanks again to both of you for your quick response. ASUS GL752VW/ Windows 10 64 bit / 16GB RAM / Intel i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M / PD14 Ultimate -2820
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
bchbumgus:

I have reported the problem with editing scroll-up text for two versions of PD now. The moderator has kindly forwarded my observations to Cyberlink, but I still await a useable scroll-up editor. I now create my title text using a text editor and paste (Crtl-V) into the scroll-up title editor. Not the ideal solution and still very slow and jerky trying to fine tune the display, but it is workable, if you have LOTS of patience.

This is such a basic feature that one would have thought that Cyberlink would have fixed this problem by now. So, you are by no means alone! We are all afflicted. Hopefully Cyberlink will assign this issue some priority.

Have a great day, and welcome to the PD12 Forum. Happy video editing, except for the scroll up titles ...

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor