Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Relocate the ShadowEdit and other temporary work folders to another drive/folder
Sailor Guy
Member Location: St. Louis, Missouri USA Joined: Aug 19, 2012 10:23 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to relocate the ShadowEditFiles folder and other temporary work / cache folders to a different hard drive and folder to improve performance and to reduce the size of my User folder which I backup on a regular basis.

The default "\User\MyUserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0" folder is the one I want to move to another location.

Is there a way to easily change the file path? I'm comfortable using RegEdit if I have to edit the registry.

Thanks!

Sailor Guy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 25. 2014 12:06

PD 16 Ulimate 64-bit 16.0.2313.0; PhotoDir 7 Ultra; Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel i5-2500K @3.3hGhz; 8 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (4GB); Pinnacle Studio MovieBox HD 510-USB; Canopus ADVC-300; Sony Optiarc AD-7260S DVD; LG BE14 Blu-Ray
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sailor Guy ,
The folder's local address: C:\Users\PCUserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0

Regarding Shadow Edit Files, These are produced to the Export location set in Preferences - it is a hidden folder.

For example, mine is set to E:\PDR-Temp\
A Shadow Folder has been created to: E:\PDR-Temp\ShadowEditFiles

I note you're referencing version 10. The details I have provide function for PDR12.

I'll look for a hack later.

Dafydd

Sailor Guy
Member Location: St. Louis, Missouri USA Joined: Aug 19, 2012 10:23 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the pointer to the Export Folder preferences setting. Sure enough, for PD 12.0 that's where I found the ShadowEditFiles folder - and that's where I want it.

The "10.0" folder I referenced in my first post is a leftover from when I was running PD 10.0 before I upgraded to 12.0.

Since I have no intention of going back to PD 10.0, I assume I can delete that entire "Users\MyUserName\Documents\PowerDirector\10.0" folder, correct?

Sailor Guy PD 16 Ulimate 64-bit 16.0.2313.0; PhotoDir 7 Ultra; Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel i5-2500K @3.3hGhz; 8 GB; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (4GB); Pinnacle Studio MovieBox HD 510-USB; Canopus ADVC-300; Sony Optiarc AD-7260S DVD; LG BE14 Blu-Ray
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the pointer to the Export Folder preferences setting. Sure enough, for PD 12.0 that's where I found the ShadowEditFiles folder - and that's where I want it.

The "10.0" folder I referenced in my first post is a leftover from when I was running PD 10.0 before I upgraded to 12.0.

Since I have no intention of going back to PD 10.0, I assume I can delete that entire "Users\MyUserName\Documents\PowerDirector\10.0" folder, correct?

Sailor Guy

Hi Sailor Guy,
Yes you can delete the content. If you have any customised titles etc in the directory you can transfer/copy them to 12.0. Re Titles, Make sure you change the folder names from the default ones. Example Title_001 could be changed to PDR10-Title_001 or anything you choose just to make sure it doesn't muddle up PDR12's Titles (where you're pasting them to). Apply similar to the others you transfer/save into PDR12.
Dafydd