Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cartoon fx with Colour Boards.. but this time it's an short opening sequence !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I found a practical use for the colour boards in an opening sequence for a short video I'm working on at the moment.
I couldn't decide on how to start my short video and came up with a short cartoon instead!
After deciding on the shape of the fells ( mountains ) using the masks already supplied in PD and then the lake. I created a simple cartoon look which I then used the "Snapshot" tool to create a png file. I next deleted all the colour boards and replaced them with the new png file. This enabled me to place a Water Reflection fx on the image to give the ripple. After finding suitable boat clip art in png format and resizing to fit the image, I used the Modify command to create a motion path to move the boats. The added bonus for me was that the reflection fx also works with the boats.

N.B. The reason I used the png file istead of the colour boeard cartoon is that the Reflection FX wouldn't/won't work with colour boards

OK, so it's not a Walt Disney but I thought that it might give others an idea into creating a nice little opener

Ummm, If I can figure out how to get the first frame of the image to show instead of a link, I think I'd be a happy bunny

Cheers

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2014 16:05

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]

Wow, beautiful scenery in your part of Cumbria.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2014 08:22

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Wow, beautiful scenery in your part of Cumbria.

Dafydd

Why thank you kind sir Yes, I just love the place. The short, opening shot was taken from a place called Walla Crag, it's one of my fav walks and just a few mins from home. I've also recorded some great weather footage of snow and rain, on different days, from the same vantage point. I still need to edit my "Weather" video, I'm hoping to finish it shortly. Can't wait to get back out walking with my dog

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Why thank you kind sir Yes, I just love the place. The short, opening shot was taken from a place called Walla Crag, it's one of my fav walks and just a few mins from home. I've also recorded some great weather footage of snow and rain, on different days, from the same vantage point. I still need to edit my "Weather" video, I'm hoping to finish it shortly. Can't wait to get back out walking with my dog

Cheers

Hi Kyle 40
Is the weather video, shots from the same position a sort of time lapse over weeks/months/years, if it is that would be some feat and an interesting video to edit and see? I hope your dog sat still in each of the videos.
Dafydd