Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut and paste from one project to another?
Fontasy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2013 18:52 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

How can I copy a section of one project into another project?

I know how to copy an entire project into another project. But I want to copy only a bit of one project into another one.

I’ve tried to copy and paste from one project into another, but this doesn’t work.

As usual, thanks much.

Don

[Post New]
Quote:
How can I copy a section of one project into another project?

I know how to copy an entire project into another project. But I want to copy only a bit of one project into another one.

I’ve tried to copy and paste from one project into another, but this doesn’t work.

As usual, thanks much.

Don

What I did, a way to copy part of a project to another is quite easy.

1 - Select part of Project1 with yellow in the timeline, click the Copy button (option: Ctrl + C or right-click and choose Copy)

2 - Do not close PD12, open the Project2, the timeline click the Paste button (option: Ctrl + V or right-clicks and chooses Paste.)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2014 08:18

Fontasy77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Followup question for playsound:

I believe I did what you suggested. In a saved project, I selected a part with yellow and then clicked on the Copy option. (To be sure I had copied the part, I immediately tested that by clicking on the Paste option, and the part was successfully pasted into the saved project.)

I then closed the saved project and opened a new project, hoping to save the selected part there. I was given no Paste,Save option, but in Edit menu is the Paste option -- but it remained grayed out and nonfunctional.

I tried this several times without luck. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help and your patience.

Don

[Post New]
Quote: Followup question for playsound:

I believe I did what you suggested. In a saved project, I selected a part with yellow and then clicked on the Copy option. (To be sure I had copied the part, I immediately tested that by clicking on the Paste option, and the part was successfully pasted into the saved project.)

I then closed the saved project and opened a new project, hoping to save the selected part there. I was given no Paste,Save option, but in Edit menu is the Paste option -- but it remained grayed out and nonfunctional.

I tried this several times without luck. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help and your patience.

Don

You probably closed PD12 is done cleaning the clipboard, I think.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 08. 2014 08:23

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How can I copy a section of one project into another project?

Does here, in PD 11...

Select the section of the timeline that is to be copied.
Right-click and click COPY.

FILE menu|NEW PROJECT.
Click the PASTE button, to the right of SPLIT.

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
455 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2014 21:56

Fontasy77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear playsound and borgus1:

Thanks so much. I did it as you explained and it worked perfectly.

Don