Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MPEG-4 MAXIMUM FPS
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Just a quick question about mpeg-4 format, is 25 fps the maximum possible using mpeg-4 format ?

I can get full 50-60 fps using h.264, but not with mp4.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just a quick question about mpeg-4 format, is 25 fps the maximum possible using mpeg-4 format ?

You can get 24 or 30 fps with the standard profiles. Press the plus sign to the right of these options to create you own profile.

Why do you need the high frame rate - action camcorder or fast action video? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is really just to keep my video`s at the frame rate they were originally recorded in, i use a go pro usually set at either 50 or 60 fps, is there much difference between mp4 and h.264, i couldn't see much difference in video quality so i can just use h.264

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 07. 2014 10:27

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It is really just keep my videos at the frame rate they were originally recorded in, i use a go pro usually set at either 50 or 60 fps, is there much difference between mp4 and h.264, i couldn't see much difference in video quality so i can just use h.264

Read this:

http://www.reelseo.com/encoding-formats-mpeg4-vs-h264/ .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks stevek, very much seems like h.264 is the best format currently and even more so for the future.

Will have to re-render a few of my video`s
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jamesd1981 -

Those frame rates are available for MPEG-4 & H.264 AVC.

As Steve said, you can just click the + button to customise your profile.

The other option is to use SVRT to see whether it recommends a profile. Here, it just created a 120fps MPEG-4 profile.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MPEG-4 fps.png]
 Filename
MPEG-4 fps.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
186 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
505 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 07. 2014 12:28

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!