Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning finished projets
Sam2099 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2013 07:14 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I use Power Director 11 Ultra on Win 7 computer.

Previously never had any problems burning finished products to disk but now every time I try to burn I get an error messagesaying there has been Error eEB020B9C (of course no idea what this means) and that is all I can do. Wonder whether someone can tell me what this Error is.

The cd dvd burner works fine with other bubning programs so this is not what the problem could be. I wonder whether there is any way to use such other progtams to burn finished products. Don't have burning programs that will handle PDS files therefor assume I would have to convert back to MP4 but then is there any way to copy the menu so everything is as if PD had burned it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Sam2099. I think I may have found your problem... attempting to burn MP4! The standard file type for DVDs, both commercially-made and home-burned, is MPEG2. There's no loss of image quality, and if you burn at DVD-SP, you'll fit more than 2 hours worth of content on your disc.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sam2099,

How long is your timeline?
What brand DVD?
Try this...lower your burn speed.
Produce your project to a DVD folder.
If it succeeds, try playing that folder in a DVD playing software, such as VLC. If it plays well, you can then burn that folder to a DVD using DVD burning software.
Or...
Produce your project to a file, MPEG2, then rename your project to protect your work, and then bring your newly produced file into the timeline.
Make any adjustments to the menu to serve the new file, then burn to a folder to see if it works.
I do not believe there are any issues with MP4.

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the quick response Barry, will try it first chance iget and let you know if it works for me but it sure souns good,
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry The Crab's solution has merit, and I note Barry has suggested converting to MPEG2 as well as me. MPEG2 is, as I stated, the standard file type for video on DVD, both for commercially-made, and home-made discs. Barry also suggested checking the brand of the disc, while you're doing that, also ascertain the type of disc, whether it's DVD+R or DVD-R. Some DVD drives happily handle both, others require exclusive use of only one of either type. To this end, check your DVD drive as well. Producing your MP4 to MPEG2 and renaming it leaves you with a master that can be called upon at any time in the future for excerpts to be lifted from it or(providing you haven't added any inbuilt titling to the MP4) reproduced with new titles and graphics at a later date.
Sam2099 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you both for your help.

Used Barry' suggestion and it worked fine.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I stated(glad to hear your solution worked, by the way), MPEG2 is the standard file type for burning DVDs for home-movies, and for commercially made feature movie discs. This assumes you're going through the process of creating a menu, setting chapters, etc. as a Power Director project. Generally speaking, DVDs are predominantly MPEG2, however, I found that storing(archiving) video files as compressed AVI(a typical feature film stored in such manner takes up about 690-to-750 megabytes, a friend gave me a disc sometime back which had, among the five so-stored titles, the Aussie comedy feature, "Young Einstein", I tried loading it to my TV's inbuilt DVD player and, to my surprise, it played!). If you wish to store your MP4 to disc, just copy it to disc like you would a word document or bitmap image, publisher document or any other file you may want to store. If you store your MP4 to disc in this manner, it may or may not play on your domestic player, depending on what type of files that player can handle. You could store an MPEG2 in the same manner but its far better to store video files away on an external hard-drive.