Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POSSIBLE PROBLEM WITH GO PRO 17:9 VIDEO UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE AFTER RENDERING IN PD12
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

Has anyone else come across any problems with go pro recordings done in 17:9, then rendered in pd12 and uploaded to youtube ?

When I upload a 17:9 recording from my go pro camera to youtube in it`s original straight out the camera state, it uploads and displays normally.

However when I process the same file in cyberlink pd12 and then upload to youtube the video becomes a barely visible letterbox version.
[Thumb - 17-9 pd12 video.jpg]
 Filename
17-9 pd12 video.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
209 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all

Has anyone else come across any problems with go pro recordings done in 17:9, then rendered in pd12 and uploaded to youtube ?

When I upload a 17:9 recording from my go pro camera to youtube in it`s original straight out the camera state, it uploads and displays normally.

However when I process the same file in cyberlink pd12 and then upload to youtube the video becomes a barely visible letterbox version.

The obvious question is why are you recording in the non-standard 17:9? (very wide and not as tall) YouTube is working with 4K (I think). Are you doing all your work in UHDV (4K?) When you work with the vidoe in PowerDirector are you selecting all the options related to 4K.

Please upload a 5 second video directly out of the GoPro so we can try working with it and propose a solution.

I think you are getting exactly what you are uploading to YouTube from Power Director. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.