Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director virus????
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:44 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I was burning a video project and there on the progress box is an advert to upgrade to PD12, I thought I'd take a look. As soon as I clicked it another window popped up saying 'Welcome to your new browser' it looked like it was about to install the Bling crap. I managed to stop it but then another box popped up say something had tried to change my internet settings and it would set it back to Bling again for me! I am fairly PC savie so I stopped all this and it looks like no damage has been done. I had an episode of the Bling bar a while ago and don't want that again. I won't click that again.
[Post New]
wrong section. likely to get overlooked. ads inside cyberlink products are linked to cyberlink website. unlikely to be the fault of cyberlink must be something else.
kitscht [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2014 12:18 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
You mean bing? That's from Microsoft. You must have checked it upon installation.
mrbothered1 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Aug 19, 2013 04:44 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
I have never asked for or checked a box for Bing as far as I know. It's not a problem as it all seems to have gone, I just wondered why, when I clicked for information about PD12, all these boxes popped up and wanted to change my settings.