Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Observations About The New 2930 Patch
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed the latest patch (2930). I started a project in PD12 and continued it in PD13 Ultimate. It is a 14-month HD video chronology of a new hardware store being built from ground breaking to the Grand Opening, which was this week. The video is 104 minutes, with 66 minutes being video clips as the construction progressed since April 2013.

I noted that with the new patch, every previous transition that I had applied as the project progressed no longer worked correctly. It would start the transition (fade and flip transitions) and then pull in a few frames of the previous clip after it had moved to the new clip, and then show the new clip. Deleting and replacing the transitions worked to solve that problem, but it was tedious. Just a warning that if you have a previous project, check your transitions before burning. Not sure if the problem would show up in the produced/burned project, but it was definitely very apparent on the preview screen. Applying transitions to the new Grand Opening video segments worked fine. It appears to be something connected with older .pds files, which at least affected my computer.

Second observation is that I sorely wish that CL would fix the Title Designer for scroll up credits. I took one of the two Title Room "credits" templates and modified it to a simple scroll up credit. Entering text was painful. The response times were horrible as they have been now for the last two versions of PD12. The workaround, I guess, is to do your title construction in Notepad and paste, but I really think it is long past time for CL to fix this outstanding issue. There is nothing complicated about scroll up credits and they worked fine in PD9 and PD10. Something so basic should work smoothly.

Just my observations. Happy video editing. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Phil, your concerns have been passed onto CyberLink.
Dafydd
mleise [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 31, 2014 05:43 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Did that happen AFTER you made changes to the project? Reversed transitions were an issue probably since the first release of PD 12, but I always had to edit something to make transitions "flip". In fact saving and loading the project always corrects the behavior for me.
I never filed a bug report, because the exact steps to reproduce it were unclear to me.

+1 for the scrolling text issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20. 2014 07:18

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Dafydd.

mleise

I had added the new video clips and transitions to them to complete my project when I noticed the transitions applied previously were not functioning correctly when I was checking the project over prior to burning. Glad I did because I would have wasted some BDs. I Don't know if that had anything to do with it whatsoever. I did not try saving and reloading the project so I don't know if that would have corrected the issue.

I am not sure if this is a bug because it could have something to do with my computer configuration. I just wanted to post my observations in the hope that it might help someone else if the problem is more widespread.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor