Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12 v2930 patch
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 12 v2930 patch released.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

Patch fixes more than 30 issues including customer feedback and crash reports.
  • Resolves issue that video and audio become unlinked after loading a project that previously had its video speed changed and clips trimmed.
  • Improves preview performance for PiP Designer under Windows 8.1 with an NVIDIA GeForce 700 series graphics card.
  • Resolves the issue that shadow distance is altered every time the Title Designer is opened.
  • Improves color detection accuracy for Chroma Key feature.
  • Improves response time when opening Pixelan Transition plug-ins.
  • Resolves the issue of the Glow transition's value changing after re-loading a project.
  • Resolves the issue of the program randomly crashing when editing the Color Adjustment in projects created with PowerDirector 10.
  • Resolves issue where “Seek by” type is not remembered after selecting objects in library.
  • Resolves issue where the program randomly crashes after updating information displayed in the timeline.
  • Improves program stability when previewing timeline clips on some platforms.
  • Fixes program hang issue when importing some MP3 clips.
  • Resolves the issue that ColorDirector effect is re-applied after re-opening the project.
  • Improves program stability when opening and closing the PiP Designer.
  • Fixes crash issue when playing back clips produced with NVIDIA Kepler hardware video encoder.

For more information on what this patch should fix, please see previous beta patch releases, http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38932.page

Dafydd

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Nov 03. 2014 04:11

Oldboy549
Newbie Location: South Carolina Joined: Jan 09, 2014 08:34 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Help, help,

I just downloaded this patch and when I went to install it I get this error. I have no idea why.

Error 1327, Invalid drive: F:\ Wil
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Help, help,

I just downloaded this patch and when I went to install it I get this error. I have no idea why.

Error 1327, Invalid drive: F:\

Hi Oldboy549,
Do you have an "F" drive?
What have you installed on your "F" drive?
Perhaps you can provide two additional important bits of information.
1. Screenshot of the error message AND the background please, full screen image.
2. A diagnostic file to analyze what your set up is.
For further assistance please check out the Guides Part A, B, E & F http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
Dafydd
Oldboy549
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Help, help,

Error 1327, Invalid drive: F:\

Hi Oldboy549,
Do you have an "F" drive?
What have you installed on your "F" drive?
Perhaps you can provide two additional important bits of information.
1. Screenshot of the error message AND the background please, full screen image.
2. A diagnostic file to analyze what your set up is.
For further assistance please check out the Guides Part A, B, E & F http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page
Dafydd

Thank you for your response. I am a Novice that struggles as you probably sense.

I am using PD Ultimate 12.0.2726.0 XP 32 Bit. The "F" drive is an external backup drive that I don't think was plugged in to the computer when I tried to install the patch. I did search for the install on the external drive but did not see it. As I remember I did not have a choice of where the patch was going to be installed and assumed (yep, I know, don't assume) that it was going directly to CD

Here is the DxDiag.txt:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/18/2014, 14:47:21
Machine name: NONE-DE7A7AC926
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL
System Model: DG43GT
BIOS: IBA GE Slot 00C8 v1338 PXE 2.1 B
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3034MB RAM
Page File: 314MB used, 6652MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

I do not see the JPG file in the preview and hope it is attached.

Thanks for your help.

Wil
[Thumb - Error 1327.JPG]
 Filename
Error 1327.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Error 1327
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
246 time(s)
Wil
mleise [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 31, 2014 05:43 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Pressed CDs are cannot be written to. Program patches are applied to where the program was installed to and usually don't need the original CD in the drive.
Have you originally installed PowerDirector on drive F: and then moved it to C: or something? In that case move it back to where it was, uninstall it and reinstall it to where you want it. That works better with most applications.
Otherwise ... maybe the patch wants to update some data files that PowerDirector placed on F:\ because it was set up as the working directory in PowerDirectors options once.
You could just plug in drive F: and see if the patch succeeds. In the worst case you get some garbage on drive F:
Oldboy549
[Post New]
mleise,

Thank you for your response. I have been transferring stuff from a lap top to a desktop and very well may have done just what you mentioned. I am not sure. But I like your thought of uninstalling it, then reinstalling.

I have the original CD but did not try to install it there.

Wil
Oldboy549
[Post New]
mleise,

I removed PD12 and tried to reinstall it and unfortunately it will not install. The same Error 1327 appears.

Wil Wil
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Will, please try the PD12 cleaner tool on this page.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Oldboy549
[Post New]
I was able to install the patch by plugging the external drive back into the desktop while I downloaded and then installed the patch.

Once it was installed, I unplugged the external drive. I assume PD was trying to ID the F Drive when it was not actually connected.

Everything seems to be working properly now.

Thanks for sticking with me. I indeed learned a lot but still have a way to go.

I appreciate your responses.

Wil Wil
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd

I have some feedback on the operation of the new patch. Everything worked well the first time I downloaded and installed it. I was able to open up some older projects and verify that the long delays were not present when opening up Pixelan control windows, for example. There was also a SmartSound update, which installed smoothly.

However, for reasons unrelated to PD, I had to restore my system from a recent backup yesterday and I went through the PD update process a second time.

This time, I applied the patch but PD crashed immediately after the SmartSound update finished. I filled out the error reporter and PD opened normally when I launched it again.

This morning, I opened PD via the desktop icon and found that my previous project didn't open automatically. I checked the settings and that box was still checked, but when I looked at the list of Recent Files it was blank, and the flyout menu simply said "Dummy." So somehow, the recent files list had been erased.

Just now I loaded a couple of projects and closed PD, and it did open the last project when I launched it again so I'm not sure what happened. I was away for the evening and hadn't even used the computer until this morning, so I don't have any idea of how the recent files list disappeared

I've made an intermediate system backup and may try going back to that and updating PD again to see if the same thing happens.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

mleise [Avatar]
[Post New]
I noticed a regression! When you close PD after you made some changes to your project it asks you if you want to save. After you click on yes, it saves the project but PD stays open instead of closing.
mleise [Avatar]
[Post New]
And another one: The "no realtime preview" setting is no longer applied after opening PD. In other words when you exit PD with the preview mode set to "no realtime preview", it will still be checked the next time you open PD, but the preview will drop frames. Setting it to "realtime preview" and then back to "no realtime preview" re-enables the desired behavoir. It might have slipped through testing, because the test machines are all fast enough to provide realtime playback for all test cases in both preview modes.

EDIT: This regression was not introduced in this beta, it was already present at least in the previous v2923.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2014 12:38

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi optodata and mleise,
Thanks for the feedback.
FYI
I uninstalled PDR12 and reinstalled it prior to adding the patch. I had an error display, PDR12 then failed to run. A reboot and I added the patch, since then no issue. I think it was an 8.1 issue - maybe!
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 19. 2014 14:02

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'm still having link/unlink issues. It's been awhile, but it's definite.
13 timelines in a 15 minute production with 3 types of video files (Nikon mov/i-phone 4/ Canon AVC), jpegs, lots of audio clips sound FX.
I would like to add more facts, but I get clicking and click click click, wha happened? All I can say it it's still going on.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I'm still having link/unlink issues. It's been awhile, but it's definite.
13 timelines in a 15 minute production with 3 types of video files (Nikon mov/i-phone 4/ Canon AVC), jpegs, lots of audio clips sound FX.
I would like to add more facts, but I get clicking and click click click, wha happened? All I can say it it's still going on.

I've also been bothered a few times by "auto" "unlinking" video and audio tracks. While trying to col correct just using the Fix/Enhance tools recently, I noticed that on some clips, the tools were not appearing even though the video tracks they could not be selected individually! I had to use the Unlink Video & Audio option to enable the Fix/Enhance tools! On closer inspection I noticed that the tracks which should be in sync showed the video track actually 1 frame ( advanced! ) out of sync with no edit input from me! The only other thing that I had done was to use the Detect Scenes Mode on all of the clips in the timeline! If it was the Detect Scenes Mode which caused the problem, I would have expected ALL the clips to be out of sync. TI could not get the clips to go back into sync, I had to delete them then grab the clips from the bin again. This time they remained in sync.. Very strange

Cheers

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2014 07:54

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
[Post New]
Kyle, the behavior you're describing sounds exactly like how PD behaved before the 2930 patch. This may sound silly, but can you confirm that you have the 2930 patch installed? Occasionally, people will download and install the patch and yet PD does not actually get updated.

To confirm the version, just click on the large PowerDirector button at the top right of the editor window and make sure that the version and SR (Software Release) number are identical to this:

If yours still shows 2923, then try downloading the patch and trying again. If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall PD, then reinstall the original version that you purchased and finally apply the 2930 patch.

Now if you already do have 2930 installed, it may be that the Detect Scenes plays a role. I've never used it so I don't have first-hand knowledge, but if it's the same issue that was fixed elsewhere with the 2930 patch, the affected clips would only occur if your project frame rate is 50 or 60FPS and the clips were out near 4-7 minutes on the timeline.

If you can provide those details then other people can try to confirm that the problem exists.

YouTube/optodata

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I managed to get the 5 or 6 clips back in sync manually, but I had to UN-LINK them, too, to allow it.
I think it's got to do with adding or removing content from timelines, and maybe the undo function, but I've had this all before, and never had a timeline that was anything but 30FPS in Preferences. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
[Post New]
Barry, I know what a pain that is

It seems like I've seen a couple of times where the clips became unlinked with the latest patch, but like you I couldn't repeat them.

It's interesting that you're seeing them in a FPS project - all of issues that we documented previously seemed to happen only in 50/60FPS projects, so maybe this is a similar but unrelated issue.

YouTube/optodata

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle, the behavior you're describing sounds exactly like how PD behaved before the 2930 patch. This may sound silly, but can you confirm that you have the 2930 patch installed? Occasionally, people will download and install the patch and yet PD does not actually get updated.

To confirm the version, just click on the large PowerDirector button at the top right of the editor window and make sure that the version and SR (Software Release) number are identical to this:

If yours still shows 2923, then try downloading the patch and trying again. If that doesn't work, you may need to uninstall PD, then reinstall the original version that you purchased and finally apply the 2930 patch.

Now if you already do have 2930 installed, it may be that the Detect Scenes plays a role. I've never used it so I don't have first-hand knowledge, but if it's the same issue that was fixed elsewhere with the 2930 patch, the affected clips would only occur if your project frame rate is 50 or 60FPS and the clips were out near 4-7 minutes on the timeline.

If you can provide those details then other people can try to confirm that the problem exists.

Hi Optodata.

I can definitely confirm that I'm using the correct patch

BUT the auto de~syncing started just before 1 minute in duration has lapsed on the timeline. It's a fastish cut sequence with 30 video clips and a short clipboard cartoon starting seq. See attached png image.

Strangely enough I've just replaced one of the unsync clips in the timeline with the same clip from the clips bin and this time, it has remained in sync

cheers
[Thumb - desktop1.png]
 Filename
desktop1.png
[Disk]
 Description
Timeline
 Filesize
1145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
223 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2014 17:28

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
[Post New]
Well, that rules out the easy fix! Maybe a new support ticket with tech support is warranted for this issue. Do you think you can recreate it to see if Detect Scenes actually plays a role?

You could also try those same steps with multiple copies of the same clip, rather than different clips and see if the problem still occurs. Also pay attention to where the affected clips are in the timeline.

YouTube/optodata