Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to split and render segments of a project separately
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I'm hoping there is a an easy way about this vs what I've been doing. Person gives me a video clip. They want it divided into individual sections for upload/use. (30 min presentation, get clips from 2:01 to 12:12, 12:13 to 17:05..) I've been setting up the main project, saving it, cutting out section 1, deleting everything BUT that section, rendering it to a video file. Reload the project, cut 2nd file......repeat. Thanks all for the help and patience you offer. See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Have you tried using Range Selection? I think this might work for you.

You can still split the video clip on the timeline where you want the clips, and then use range selection to select a split clip. After that just click the Produce Range button above the timeline to output/produce just the range/section of the video selected.

Let me know if that helps. You can find "Range Selection" in the help index if you are not familiar with it.

Regards,
David
[Post New]
chivalryproductions

I did a screen capture to facilitate, see here.

http://youtu.be/eDmdHszCrak

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2014 16:07

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
*facepalm* Now I know how my friends feel when I show them a Windows shortcut key to open a browser. This just cut my work time in half. THANK you! See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!