Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a point to writing to support?
Roland [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 11:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've sent 7 messages (two dropped by the server) about the fact that despite having paid for PowerDVD 8 Ultra, I have received no help in downloading it or getting my activation key. Are there actually people reading the emails I send, or am I wasting my time? What are other people's experience with support? And what about this $30 charge to actually speak with a human being about something as comparatively simple as sending me a link to my software and my activation key? Does anyone else find this insulting?

R. Chrisjohn, Dissatisfied non-Customer
lpg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2007 13:44 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
They have always responded to me within 24 hours. Did you check your spam folder?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Roland,

Your post is in the wrong forum, it should be in the Power DVD forum

First of all check that your account has actually been debited with the purchase price from Digital River (Element 5).

Digital River have responsibility for sending you the download link and activation key and they are your first point of contact.

Have you received a confirmation email, this would have included the link and key, if the key has not been provided then contact them first.

If you still are unable to secure the key, then contact Technical Support, attach a copy of your proof of purchase and they will provide you with a key.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2008 07:40

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots