Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trimming certain words from Audio
JerryO111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 01, 2014 16:36 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
i have some home videos that I am editing together. I would like to edit out certain words from the audio here and there and still have the remaining audio track in sync with the video.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
JerryO
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
i have some home videos that I am editing together. I would like to edit out certain words from the audio here and there and still have the remaining audio track in sync with the video.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
JerryO

One way is put in a Beep sound on a higher numbered track.

If you use the beep sound it must be louder than the word you are blanking.

Another way is split the audio at the beginning of the word, and at the end of the word. Then mute. That can be done, but is very difficult to do on short words.

There were some beep sounds posted on the Cyberlink forum some time ago, I do not know who is was I did not make a note when I downloaded them.

Filename
beep_sounds.zip
[Disk]
 Description
Several Beep sounds.
 Filesize
138 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
170 time(s)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Two approaches...

1. UNlink audio and video for the clip, isolate the portion you want removed by adding splits at both beginning and end.
Right-click that section and REMOVE|LEAVE GAP.

2. Split-out the section that's unwanted, as above, then select the clip and click EDIT AUDIO|WAVE EDITOR.

In the list to the left, click the VOLUME|FADE choice and lower both channels to zero. Click the X at the upper-right corner and it will prompt to save.