Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New PD12 Install - Missing Fonts and 'Kids' title
[Post New]
Hi all!

I've finally bitten the bullet and have upgraded my trusty PD8 installation to the new PD12 Ultimate.

I completely uninstalled PD8, rebooted and installed PD12 and all the content packs provided in the downloads:

* 1_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_Ultimate_VDE131210-07.exe
* 2_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_ContentPack_Essential_PCP130619-01.exe
* 3_CyberLink_PowerDirector12_ContentPack_Premium_PCP130619-02.exe
* CyberLink_CreativeDesignPack_Travel_CDP130812-03.exe
* CyberLink_CreativeDesignPack_Holiday_CDP121106-01.exe
* CyberLink_MenuTemplatePack_RomancePackv3_MTP130731-01.exe

I installed all 'As Administrator'.

All looks fine but when I apply one of the 'Title' items installed with the content packs, it display the font as 'Arial'.

I'm also missing the 'Kids' title template that was a favourite of mine in PD8.

Any ideas:

1. Why my fonts show as 'Arial' and not the fancy fonts visible in the previews?
2. Where the 'Kids' title template has gone with PD12?

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Regards,

mroshaw

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2014 06:41

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The "Kids" titles are in my PD 12 Ultra install.

Arial Font is often used if your computer does not have the font defined in the Title.

You can check if your computer has the font "Air Bonnie". If not you can maybe download the font somewhere. Or whatever font you were using. Control Panel > Fonts.

[Thumb - Kids Titles_resize.png]
 Filename
Kids Titles_resize.png
[Disk]
 Description
Kids Titles
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
308 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 07. 2014 07:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hi Carl312 and thank you for taking the time to reply.

It would appear that, first time round, PD didn't install the fonts. No idea why and there was no error generated by the installer. I'll raise this as a bug with Cyberlink through the support channel.

I uninstalled it all then re-installed while actually logged in as 'Administrator' (not just 'Run As Administrator') and the fonts appear to have been installed. Very annoying as I spent all morning running the 7 installers!

With regards to the 'Kids' titles, I also have the 'Kids' grouping but it doesn't contain the 'Kids' titles that I used to have in PD8. See attached.

Is it the case that Cyberlink don't always 'upgrade' the extra content? Assume this will cause problems with my existing PD8 projects?

Thanks again for your help and I hope you're having an excellent weekend!

Regards,

mroshaw

[Thumb - Kids.jpg]
 Filename
Kids.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD8 'Kids' titles
 Filesize
116 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
mroshaw, PD12 included a "new" set of Kids titles compared to PD8. Yes I know, why aren't the old ones included as well for compatibility with older projects. I have seen many occurrences of this with my older projects. Every user experience can be different as well, it appears to depend on how the install was done, leave PD8 or remove prior to PD12 installation among many other things.

What you can do is redownload the templates and install, the one you referenced is here.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/8743

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2014 13:44

[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

That's awesome - thank you so much for taking the time to look that out for me!

I really like some of the new templates provided with PD12, but that old 'Kids' one is just so cute! I've used it on all the movies of my wee girl so I wanted to keep things consistent. May use one of the new templates for our new wee boy though!

Regards,

mroshaw
[Post New]
I wonder if, for the font installation issue, running the content installers "As Administrator" is enough, given that some are shipped as WinRAR Self Extracting Archives. I would assume that the thread that runs the installer, after the extraction executable has completed, would inherit the elevated privilege. Maybe it does not and therefore the installer can't write to the system font folder?

I wonder if a solution would be to use WinRAR, WinZIP, 7z or whatever to extract the self extractor to a folder then run the resulting setup.exe as administrator?

Anyway, seems fine for me now so no need for me to try this, but this might be a useful thought for someone experiencing the same problem.