Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AMD 14.6 driver breaks PowerDVD12 Windows Media Player plug in
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
The AMD 14.6 driver breaks the PowerDVD12 Windows Media Player plug in. I just get a black screen with audio when the movie is playing. If you start PowerDVD outside of Media Payer it works as it should. The AMD 14.4 driver worked.
Elric667 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2013 08:24 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
So what?
AMD 14.6 is a Beta Driver.
Report this Error to AMD so they can fix it.
[Post New]
yeah, drivers for gpu are a real pain. nvidia only got physx & assassins creed revelations working for me again ever since they released the "wonder driver". stick to a stable driver
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
"So what?" Gee, thanks so much for posting.

It's an AMD and CyberLink issue. I have 12 and 13 installed and 13 don't do this but it has other issues. The skip forward and back are reversed from all previous versions of PowerDVD and other players, it crashes lots and the black levels are messed up. CyberLink knows about these but has never fixed them. In fact, the very last update to 12 (3519) breaks the blacks.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2014 11:41