Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Refresh rate
aryajones27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2013 14:14 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

When starting to play a movie and a pop up appears stating if I want to sync my screens refresh rate, I select yes, and the movie becomes unwatchable, completely choppy.

This happens on all movies, does anyone else have this issue and does anyone know why it happens?

Thanks,

Jason
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
I am going to assume you're in the US and if so, all Blu-rays are shot in 23.976 FPS (or at least I have never come across anything, but that) Blu-rays in the UK are running at 24 FPS.

I believe that Cyberlink can't distinguish between the two frame rates or refresh rates and there for the default refresh rate it chooses is 24 Hz. What I do is set my refresh rate in the control panel (in my case NVIDIA) to 23 which is 23.976 FPS or Hz.
This matches the frame rate to 99.9% of my Blu-rays and they play well. (my other .1% are from the UK and are 24 FPS)
Power DVD still throws up the message asking if I want to match the refresh rate because it's trying to put it back to 24 Hz.
I ignore the message and tell it not to come again.

I am also assuming that Power DVD is set to 24Hz and can't distinguish between the two, but just from my own personal experience, my assumption is probably correct.
aryajones27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2013 14:14 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, thanks, it was a simple switch to 24Hz in Nvidia control panel!

Thank you!

J
markw [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 14, 2014 12:27 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
What I do is set my refresh rate in the control panel (in my case NVIDIA) to 23 which is 23.976 FPS or Hz.

Tried that as well and that did it for me too. Thanks! Windows 7, i3, 4GB RAM.