Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stop and resume music question
Heidi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 14:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD7. And I have the music added to my video. However, I want to pause music I have added for about 30-40 seconds to listen to some important audio on my video, and then resume the music. How do I do this???? I know there is a way because I believe I read about this before but I could not find it in the forum today. The audio is pretty much in the middle of the music song, and then comes this place I want to pause it. Otherwise I have to end the song and then restart from the beginning after I get through this small short audio I want to hear. **ALSO, I am having a hard time figuring out how to fade out a song that is not finished, I understand the icon, but how to do it is another thing, and the help menu is kind of vague. Any help out there on both situations? Thanks, Heidi
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Heidi,

I assume that the music is in the music track, highlight it, locate the point where you want to pause and click SPLIT, then drag and move the split section to the right to allow the audio within your video, the music will then play from the point it stopped.
The easiest way to apply fades, is in the audio mixing room.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2008 20:09

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Heidi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2008 14:57 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert, Thankyou for your reply.

Now this is what I figured would happen. I have to mute the video clip in order to listen to the music I have put in. So now I have the music moved like you told me to, I split it. But now, when I get to the split the video track is mute. (and it flies back to the beginning of the track). I unchecked "Mute Clip" but now it plays the noise on the video track and the music track I have attached. So double the sounds unless I mute the video track again. Any help?

ALSO, I Know where the music fade is, but I can't seem to get it to work right? This is why I asked how to apply it. I know I am missing something or doing something wrong.

I love the support here! I am working on 4+ hours of video I took on a motorcycle trip, most of which is video while riding, there are a few points of interest like in the Badlands where we stop and get educated on some things about them, so I like to have the person talking about it in between riding with the music in the background.
so I am sure I will be back for more help. I hope no one gets annoyed. LOL. Thanks again, Heidi
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Heidi,

So you now need to have audio in a section of the clip only
Have a look at this training video and see if it helps you, I am currently making another training video showing exactly what you are trying to do, but it needs modifing and time is the problem.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/214/pd7-audio-adjust/

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 22. 2008 20:50

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots