Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Picture quality issue on YouTube video with PD12
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
I've noticed that whenever I upload a video onto YouTube from PD12, the first few seconds play at a low picture quality until about the 5 second mark, at which point there is a noticeable jump to the full quality!

My final version ( when it's a pproved !) of my latest video on the Director Zone, has upto 7 video tracks, I'm wondering if the number of tracks affects the play quality of the video on YouTube!

I should point out that the video was shot in H.264 ~ 1920 X 1080 50p and that I just tried the 2k version to see if it would help with this problem... it didn't!

I'm using PD12.0.2923.0

Does anyone else have the issue?

Cheers

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2014 17:46

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Kyle, your video looks very interesting and is nicely put together. Well done

The quality issue you've described is strictly a YouTube issue. No matter how many tracks you have in the editor, the output video is a single stream of frames and audio, and in a technical sense it bears no relation to the complexity (or simplicity) of how you put it together. What the eyes see, however, is directly related to your editing and video recording efforts!

Back to your question: There is a small gear at the lower right of every YT frame, and if you click on it you can select the highest resolution/quality available for each individual video. If your clip was uploaded at 1080/60p, then that's that highest quality you can see it in.

If you're watching on your computer while logged in to your YT account, you can change the default playback resolution from "Auto" (which takes some time to analyze the video stream before sending higher quality) to Always use the best quality, and even to always use HD when you're in full screen. See attached screenshot, and go to your default settings page by clicking here.

I hope that does the trick for you!
[Thumb - YT default quality page.png]
 Filename
YT default quality page.png
[Disk]
 Description
settings page
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
66 time(s)

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle, your video looks very interesting and is nicely put together. Well done

The quality issue you've described is strictly a YouTube issue. No matter how many tracks you have in the editor, the output video is a single stream of frames and audio, and in a technical sense it bears no relation to the complexity (or simplicity) of how you put it together. What the eyes see, however, is directly related to your editing and video recording efforts!

Back to your question: There is a small gear at the lower right of every YT frame, and if you click on it you can select the highest resolution/quality available for each individual video. If your clip was uploaded at 1080/60p, then that's that highest quality you can see it in.

If you're watching on your computer while logged in to your YT account, you can change the default playback resolution from "Auto" (which takes some time to analyze the video stream before sending higher quality) to Always use the best quality, and even to always use HD when you're in full screen. See attached screenshot, and go to your default settings page by clicking here.

I hope that does the trick for you!

Hi optodata, whew, that's a relief Once again, I was sure I was doing everything correctly... but it's great to be able to find out about these things... I can now just concentrate on the editing..

Many thanks for your kind comments

Happy editing I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.