Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDCP issues with ATI Radeon 7850
Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2014 00:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just snagged the trial and I'm running into HDCP issues any time I attempt to play a Blu-Ray movie. The problem is I believe that every piece of equipment I have is HDCP compliant -- unless I'm missing something.

I snagged the BD Advisor and it says:

Video Connection Type : Digital (without HDCP)

Misc info:
TV == Toshiba 65H83
Receiver == Yamaha RX-V665
Video card == ATI Radeon HD7850
Drivers == Latest from April 2014
PC -> Receiver via HDMI -> Connected to TV via HDMI to DVI cable
My Panasonic Blu-Ray player seems to think my system is HDCP compliant based on the signal resolution being passed to the TV

Any ideas?

Note: I tried to submit this to tech support however the page keeps saying that it can't submit a ticket and that the error has been logged

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2014 03:31

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please refer to the readme posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38203.page

I guess it could be the HDMI>DVI cable/converter you may Switch to an HDMI only cabeling.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply.

My TV is DVI based with HDCP support [perhaps HDCP 1.0?]. I use HDMI cables from the PC to the receiver and an HDMI to DVI cable. As far as I can tell my Blu-Ray player seems to like my system so I don't imagine it's solely a cable issue.

Things I haven't tried yet are:
-- Disable my computer's onboard audio and let the ATI system handle everything
-- Bypassing the receiver and going straight from PC to TV

Note: I have tried other Blu-Ray player software with similar results. I'm confident it's some PC config issue but I'm not sure what it is. Each component in the system should be HDCP compatible but obviously something is getting in the way.
Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
[Post New]
Testing update:

I bypassed my receiver and connected the HDMI to DVI-D [Digital Single Link] cable to my Radeon HD7850 and the DVI/HDCP connector on my TV [65H83]. This didn't seem to help at all.

I checked and my TV is HDCP compliant based on EIA / CEA 861.

I checked my cable and it appears to [physically] be in good condition -- no bent pins, no kinks, etc.

I disabled all other audio & video systems on my computer and rebooted. This left only the ATI video & audio enabled. No help.

[Via my Panasonic BR player] Blu-Ray movies look great and substantially better than even good DVDs. From what I can tell the Blu-Ray player isn't displaying in the 480i that I would expect if it didn't think my receiver + cable + TV was HDCP compatible

I guess I could order a cheap cable from monoprice that is HDMI to DVI and [like my existing cable] claims to be HDCP compatible. Outside of that I'm out of ideas. I know it's something in my config but I'll be darned if I can figure out where it is.

BTW: I'm unable to create a tech support ticket. I keep on getting web errors. Any ideas about that??

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 31. 2014 03:31

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,
you may post your DXDIAG LOG here - please check:

about the web-error, you may try other browser (IE preferred)

br

Werde Facebook Fan
Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Ed,
you may post your DXDIAG LOG here - please check:

about the web-error, you may try other browser (IE preferred)

br
Michael

I've attached both the DX Diags and BD Advisor logs to this post.

As for the browser I'm using IE9 but keep on getting an error after submission of the ticket indicating that the request can not be processed at this time. It then redirects the browser within a few seconds making it difficult to do much more than read the message.

I'll try to submit from another computer and see if that helps.
 Filename
Advisor logs.zip
[Disk]
 Description
BD Advisor logs
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
359 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
517 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 31. 2014 13:43

[Post New]
Hi,
can you check if you have installed/actiavated the Hyper-V in the Windows Features?

Try to disable if you have

thx

Werde Facebook Fan
Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
can you check if you have installed/actiavated the Hyper-V in the Windows Features?

Try to disable if you have

thx
Michael

I wasn't aware that Hyper-V was part of "Windows Features" in Win 7 Home Premium. As far as I know I'm not running it; my computer is a physical box with no VM software running.

I looked under Control Panel, Programs, Windows Features and didn't see anything for Hyper-V. Where should I check to make 100% sure I'm not running that.

Ed Rutherford [Avatar]
[Post New]
Last & perhaps final update:

For testing purposes I laid my hands on a small HDTV and HDMI cable. When testing that setup through my receiver it failed. When testing directly it failed in the "video only" HDMI port but seemed to work fine in the standard HDMI port. At this point I was thinking it must be something with my equipment.

I disconnected the small HDTV and reconnected my standard configuration. I was about to chalk everything up to "gremlins" but I tested again [through my receiver to my TV] and now everything is reporting as compatible and working fine.

I'm not sure if my video card got stubborn for a while, a cable was loose, a cable is bad and is working for now but may fail if I wiggle it, etc.

Either way it does seem to be working now. Better late than never. Hopefully I can now get to the trial with whatever time I have left.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 15. 2014 20:56