Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut screen in half and fall away effect/transition?
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I want to have a saw blade run across the screen and the other half of the screen fall away. Can this be done in PD12 or I going to need "bigger guns" to pull this off? Thanks! See the Difference video can make with DaveCVideo!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I want to have a saw blade run across the screen and the other half of the screen fall away. Can this be done in PD12 or I going to need "bigger guns" to pull this off? Thanks!

If you have the parts of your effect, I am pretty sure you can built it in Powerdirector.

You will need PNG of the Saw blade and possibly a PNG of the screen split in half.
Movement can be programmed.

You must have a picture of the objects.

You can create transparent PNG in Paint.Net (free Image Editor).

You posted in the Previous Version forum, The PD 12 forum is here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/120.page

For questions about PD 12 you will get better answers in the PD 12 forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 25. 2014 11:16

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I want to have a saw blade run across the screen and the other half of the screen fall away. Can this be done in PD12?

Hi chivalry productions,

Though you didn’t post this in the PD12 forum, using PD12, I made this hastily thrown together example. Not sure (by your short description), if it’s even close to what you’re wanting to do. You may indeed need bigger guns depending on exactly what you had in mind.
However, if this example is close, you can send me a PM, and I can perhaps send you the Packed Project Folder of this short project, so that you can load it in “your” PD12, so as to see, study, and review how it was assembled, and play and modify it, in your own timelines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOJtuF-F_vw

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 25. 2014 11:23

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I want to have a saw blade run across the screen and the other half of the screen fall away. Can this be done in PD12?

Hi chivalry productions,

Though you didn’t post this in the PD12 forum, using PD12, I made this hastily thrown together example. Not sure (by your short description), if it’s even close to what you’re wanting to do. You may indeed need bigger guns depending on exactly what you had in mind.
However, if this example is close, you can send me a PM, and I can perhaps send you the Packed Project Folder of this short project, so that you can load it in “your” PD12, so as to see, study, and review how it was assembled, and play and modify it, in your own timelines.

That was fast Cranston!

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That was fast Cranston!

Hahaha. Yeah, just quickie (that may be off point)

______________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
davecvideo
Newbie Location: Kitsap, WA Joined: Jan 02, 2012 15:34 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
That's it! I bow to your genius and skill!
Quote:

Hi chivalry productions,