Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating a 2K BR DVD with PD12, using 2D disk setup, from 4K source PQ problem.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I use Power Director 12 for 4k editing and it works well if given enough time to build the proxy files. At the moment my 4K video is about 90 minutes long, edited in 4 sections, then put together. Even that long no real problems with PD12.

When I convert the 4K to 2K and make a file the output looks very decent but of course a tad worse compared to the direct 4K playback as viewed on 2 K monitor.

Trying to use that 2K file to burn a BR disc fails, TSmuxer has a problem accepting it. Even though Mediainfo finds no fault in the file.

PD12 allows the direct production of a 2K BR disc with 4K source material, that unfortunately has too many artifacts.

PD may need a better algorithm for creating a 2D BR DVD using 4K source material.

Or fix the 2 year old 2 K file audio problem, the same that has haunted 60P BR disc creation.

For which JMONE had provided a fix.

Eugene

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2014 15:10

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A