Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I separate multiple channels in Audio Director
thdman1511 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Australia Joined: May 17, 2012 19:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
HI, I mainly using my PowerDirector to produce gaming videos, uploaded to youtube. Most of these recording are down from gaming recording software then I import them to PowerDirector. These recording include recordings from Teamspeak when I play with friends. will audio director allow me separate the voice channel from the gaming channel. At the moment the gaming software used to record our gameplay is set to record multiple channels, but when I import the video into PowerDirector they appear to be in stereo format, but I want to split the voice channel, so before I buy audio director can I separate these channels, so that main audio channel will go on track 1 and the voice channel is separated to audio track 2, when transfering back to PowerDirector Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
Anubitpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2014 09:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased PD12 Ultimate Suite specifically because it included Audio Director software. The promo videos and tutorials looked very promising and after using the software I like the panning tool but so far, I have not been able to isolate the center channel speaker from the front main channels. I'm disappointed by this and feel somewhat cheated. Cyberlink claims Audio director to be "professional level" software package so in my opinion it should allow this flexibility.

I have been using Sony Vegas to edit the surround sound because of its flexibility and the user can assign separate audio channels for all 5.1 or 7.1 channels. I will say that is only thing the Vegas software will do correctly without crashing. Hopefully, Cyberlink is reading this and will add features / functions to Audio Director to make it more on par with their excellent video editing software.
thdman1511 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Australia Joined: May 17, 2012 19:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply Anubitpo, I have been told on many occassions that sony vegas is the best for gaming videos, but I like PowerDirector for it quality and pricing. there are gaming recorder software that allow you to record mulitiply channel separately, but if AudioDirector doesnt allow for multiple tracks like PowerDirector does then it a bit pointless me adding Audio Director to my list of cyberlink software. Asus 78L-MLX PLUS Motherboard, AMD FX4170 Quad Core 4.2 GHz Processor, 8MB DDR 1333 RAM, 1 TB HDD, AOC 23 Inch 3D Monitor, LG 23 Inch LED Monitor. SEAGATE GoFlex Home 2 TB external Hard Drive, WD External HDD 2.5TB (BACKUPS), Cable Broadband.
xxS1RExx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2014 17:44 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I drag a gameplay video onto the editing bar in powerdirector 12 I only get 2 tracks, the gameplay video and the audio track of the gameplay not the voiceover channel that was recorded with my capture software. Is this how Cyberlink makes you buy Audio Director ?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I drag a gameplay video onto the editing bar in powerdirector 12 I only get 2 tracks, the gameplay video and the audio track of the gameplay not the voiceover channel that was recorded with my capture software. Is this how Cyberlink makes you buy Audio Director ?

I see that you are relatively new to these forums; Welcome. Please remember that we are users and not Tech Support, Engineering or even Sales.

No one forces you to buy anything. You do so out of your own free will. There are other audio editing software programs available, several with free trials. Search for and try the ones you find interesting. You'll probably have to spend a lot more money to get one that does everything you want to do (or much of it.)

BTW, how did you capture the gameplay and the other audio channels? Did you look at the file using Windows to see if the file had stereo audio channels? Perhaps it was there but not loud enough. Do not expect that the "other" audio channel will show up as a separate track. When you play back that file, do you hear the voiceover ? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
InaneDragon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2016 18:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I record an *.avi file from D3DGear with two audio tracks: Gameplay audio as "Track 1", and microphone input as "Track 2".

PowerDirector only recognizes "Track 1", with no apparent capability to add "Track 2" audio into the process, even though all the data is available in the *.avi file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2016 19:06