Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multiple Rendering - Effect on Quality
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all

I am using Power Director 7.

During the capture process I elected to detect scenes and save them as individual .avi files. I want to make a DVD with two chapters, with topics like, for example, Cats and Dogs. It seems that there are two ways I can do this.

Option 1. Create a project called Pets.pds, import all the files I need, do the editing, create the chapters, then make a file, say Pets.avi, and then the DVD.

Option 2. Create a project called Dogs.pds, import all my dog scenes, edit, etc, leading to a file Dogs.avi. Similarly, create another project called Cats.pds, leading to a file Cats.avi. Then create a third project called Pets.pds, for which the imported raw material is the two previously created files, ie Dogs.avi and Cats.avi. This project will lead to a final file called Pets.avi and a DVD.

Option 2 will be easier for me as I will be working with smaller projects, but my question is about the quality of the final product. In Option 2 my original footage will go through two rendering processes (first making the two .avi files, and again when I make the final file.) Will this lead to a lower quality video than with my Option 1 in which the original footage only goes through one rendering process?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Robert