Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where did my tools go in PD12?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
After downloading the last Beta Update, I noticed that in certain situations the tool links that should be available when working on video disappeared!
I like to A, B roll my audio tracks, it's the way I've always edited since track laying film. I find I can control the "heads and tails" much better that way.
This is where I noticed something strange The first screen grab "tools" shows how the Tools links should be.
In the 2nd screen grab I've unlinked the audio & video tracks so that I can start to overlay the audio. As you can see, the tools are still available.
However, the 3rd screen grab shows that when I've laid the audio part way over the following clip the tools options disappear from that video track not only that, the video & audio tracks appear to be unlinked ... but they aren't The only way to get the tools back is to unlink the tracks, then after clicking on the video track all the tools re-appear.

I did finish the video, just needs a few tweaks !
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/video/13326165

Cheers
[Thumb - tools.jpg]
 Filename
tools.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screen grab 1
 Filesize
228 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)
[Thumb - no_tools.jpg]
 Filename
no_tools.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
106 time(s)
[Thumb - unlink.jpg]
 Filename
unlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
unlinked audio /video
 Filesize
245 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
75 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 07. 2014 09:52

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
this usually happens when there is pictures and videos in the video track and apply transition Overlap then modify the time or even remove the transition, this can happen in PD12.
Note that the audio or video is mismatched at first.
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hi playsound, thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2014 08:11

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.