Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Exclusive audio is temporarily unavailable for the current audio format
[Post New]
I have a Auzen X-Fi Home Theater HD running on a Windows 8.1 with PowerDVD 14. It is connected to a Denon AVR-E400 using HDMI. If PowerDVD is set to output non-decoded high definition audio to an external device through HDMI I don't get any audio. In the top right corner I get a black box with white text for a fe seconds that reads "Exclusive audio is temporarily unavailable for the current audio format". Can anyone help me?
markw [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 14, 2014 12:27 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question. Were you able to verify if this only affects specific audio format? What format were you using here? Windows 7, i3, 4GB RAM.
[Post New]
I tried it with TrueHD and DTS-MA audio tracks.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
our team is investigating your symptoms

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
MadScientist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2014 05:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm interested in this also as I get the same message when playing a bluray on my HTPC. I'm using an Intel Haswell-based HTPC (Win 8.1) which is connected to a Meridian HD621 audio processor. I'm sending 6 channels of LPCM to that processor. I do get audio however. On the same machine XBMC uses WASAPI mode with no issues.

I'm currently evaluating a trial version of PowerDVD14 if this makes any difference
MS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 13. 2014 06:02

mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Try to playback Dolby True HD with setting to "bypass via the HDMI audio" and then see if WASAPI Exclusive would work.
MadScientist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2014 05:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Exclusive audio always appears to be temporarily unavailable on my system. As no solutions appear to be forthcoming and this feature was one of the main reasons I initiated my 30-day trial, I'm afraid it's bye bye PowerDVD.
abalian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2013 01:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
That message goes away for me when I play the main movie. BD menus usually have audio playing in DD or DTS, which works with WASAPI, but menus with PCM or no audio show that message. Playing the main movie, the message doesn't show, and everything works fine.

My only issue is, since upgrading to 14, I see frame drops. They might've been there since 13 but I find it weird I'd notice them now after a year of using 13. The only difference 13 vs 14, is the WASAPI option. I turned it on as soon as I saw it, but I get frame drops every few minutes, audio goes in and out of sync. Disabling it I still see frame drops, but audio seems to stay in sync, still not sure. I don't understand why I'm getting frame drops AND audio diversion with WASAPI. It's supposed to be one or the other.

I'm so confused, I have an NVIDIA GPU, I was told 23hz = ~23.976hz, now it seems Ivy Bridge is actually ~23.972hz and Haswell is perfect. Does that still apply to me if I'm using a video card? Why is it so bloody hard to have perfect clocks? I hope someone can shed some light on this, because I've reached the end of the road here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2014 20:40

fpc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2014 13:42 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have same problem with 14. Jriver and xbmc work properly. dts-hd ma work properly

Hd3000, i5 CPU, onkyo receiver.

Hoping this can be fixed. I imagine many first time users, like myself, just move on to another player.
ANGEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2014 12:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with PowerDVD 14 i purchased recently. If fails to play very very normal audio (mp3 and wav) that other players play without any problem.

I had setup powerDVD as the default player for audio and videos but I will have to go back to my previous players because it's too annoying that sometimes plays the audio and sometimes doesn't.

I am still on my 30 days, but I would like you to fix this problem.

thank you

Thanks...
ANGEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2014 12:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Will you fix this bug someday? Just installed te 4223 patch and can't even play a simple Mp3 file. Wasted money with this software !!!
Chili Palmer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2014 18:22 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When the audio track is 48khz/24 bits, I have the message "Exclusive audio is temporarily unavailable for the current audio format".
=> Wasapi is not working, I can change the volume on my computer.

When the audio track is 48khz/16 bits, I don't have the message
==> wasapi is working, I can change the volume only on my receiver.

Hope that helps to investigate.