Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 opens pds file as mp4
Netspeed [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Apr 10, 2013 17:43 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I did produce the video and I do have two separate files. One pds and one mp4. However, when I try and open the pds file, PD12 opens it up as the produced mp4 video. My fear is that all the assets are gone from the project. I did not Pack Project Materials as I thought the rendered project was a separate file.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The "pds" is a project file. It is written in and can be opened with Notepad.
If you rendered your project and created an MP4 file, that's what you were shooting for, right?
Could you open the pds and please do a screenshot of your timeline, and post it here? Thanks.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: Yes I did produce the video and I do have two separate files. One pds and one mp4. However, when I try and open the pds file, PD12 opens it up as the produced mp4 video. My fear is that all the assets are gone from the project. I did not Pack Project Materials as I thought the rendered project was a separate file.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

First check the menu, File / Recent Files if it listed the name of your project, if not it checks the previous.
In the latter case the autosave project seeks to PD. does automatically.
Do you think the location of this Menu, Edit / preferences ... / Project / Browse (text box) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Netspeed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The "pds" is a project file. It is written in and can be opened with Notepad.
If you rendered your project and created an MP4 file, that's what you were shooting for, right?
Could you open the pds and please do a screenshot of your timeline, and post it here? Thanks.

Correct....I did want an mp4 video. However, when I open the pds (will post a pic later), the file is the completed, rendered version without all the different layers (title, song, pics, etc.).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Correct....I did want an mp4 video. However, when I open the pds (will post a pic later), the file is the completed, rendered version without all the different layers (title, song, pics, etc.).

Check out AutoSave.
The location is via some hidden folders:
C:\Users\YOUR Computer Name here\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\AutoSave

You'll find a liost f pds files dated and with the time of generation. Look through a few and you should find one that'll help you.

Dafydd
Netspeed [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Check out AutoSave.
The location is via some hidden folders:
C:\Users\YOUR Computer Name here\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\AutoSave

You'll find a liost f pds files dated and with the time of generation. Look through a few and you should find one that'll help you.

Dafydd

Excellent!! THANKS!!!