Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New to PD - Basic Question about Slideshows
Jody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2008 23:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I'm new to PowerDirector (v7) and I have a quick question.

I'm looking to make a slideshow of pictures (about 150 or so). I want to have control over all the transitions, add titles etc. However, I'd like to use some of the fancier features of the SlideShow Designer for some of the pictures.

i.e. I have 5 pictures of my son at Halloween. Ideally I'd like to use a Cell Slideshow slide to display all these pictures together on the screen. Maybe I have a couple other groups of pictures where a Cell slide would be appropriate. The rest of the pictures I want to simply display as normal.

Is there a way to do this? Like add a "Cell Slide" as one of my images in my image track in the Edit window?

The only way I can think of to do this with my limited knowledge of PD is to make the slideshow slide be a chapter in the overall video. I'm hoping there's an easier way that one of you experts out there can point me to.

Thanks very much!

Mike
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,

You can basically have whatever slideshow formats in the timeline that you want and it's very easy to do.

Lets say you have your 150 images in the timeline and you want images 20-30 in a cell slideshow, highlight image 20, hold down the shift key and highlight image 30, all images between 20-30 are now highlighted. Click on the slideshow button and create the cell slideshow. Then repeat for any other slideshow formats that you want to make with the remaining images and add transitions between images not included in your slideshow.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Jody [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2008 23:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Robert for your reply. I'll give that a try!
Dorsodude [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Snohomish, WA Joined: Dec 27, 2008 17:18 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I created a slideshow and set it to Fit Photos to Music. When I play the slideshow, it repeats images at the end. I just want it to show each image once, ending with the last one.

Is this a bug? I'm using the latest version of PD7.

Thanks!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I just want to add, if you join SeeMyWorld, there are Halloween frames for the 3D slideshow! You may download and install if you join. FREE! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dorsodude [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's real nice, but it doesn't address my question. I guess I'll contact CyberLink tech support.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
William,

I'm not sure it's a bug but I believe this is what happens. If you use a normal slideshow I think the pics might be set at 5sec duration. If you don't have enough pics for the length of music, it duplicates the pics rather than adding duration to each pic. If you have more pics than music, it does not use some of the pics and echoes a message to that effect and leaves the pics at the end of the slide show.

Not sure if it's a bug, I think it's more just CL implementation. Several of us have made comments for improvements to this feature since PD7 was released but really have not seen much yet.

A couple ways around your problem.
1) create slideshow format as you wish with no music
2) produce slide show to a file
3) load file back into PD7 and load music file you wish into music track
4) adjust speed of your imported produced video file to match your music duration

The above obviously works best if the duration of your slide show and the duration of your music are about the same. If not, when you adjust the speed of the video to match the music the video will be too fast or too slow for pleasant viewing.

Jeff
Dorsodude [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give your suggestion a try.

I've also contacted Tech Support about this. Perhaps it will turn into a development request so that it will work as expected or add more settings to have better control of the behavior.

Bill