Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Dvd 14 settings
bkrieger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 21, 2014 13:30 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I have a couple questions on PowerDVD 14.
First, there is a slider labeled 3D depth in the 3D settings. When watching a 3D Blu ray movie, would adjusting this setting change anything?
Also, there is the True Theater 3D settings. When watching a 3D Blu Ray movie, do these settings have any affect? The reason I ask is because 3D blu ray movies and regular blu ray as I understand it, the audio and video should be left unprocessed. I just want to make sure I am getting the movie as it was intended for viewing.

Thanks
[Post New]
only for 2d to 3d.

3d content is specially optimized. so no effect :

edit: if you want untouched audio video, use software decoder WITHOUT trutheater. hardware should be fine because in this case it is cuda/ APP. sound, use full range no enhancements [i'm assuming stereo output]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2014 14:57

bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks. I have surround sound. I just wanted to make sure if the 3D depth slider was moved, that the blu ray wouldn't be affected.
Thanks. I'll make sure it is turned off.
[Post New]
what the slider is for is say you have a 2d content, you can make it 3d. what this will do is make the centre of the image stick out. the sides will be back. by no means is it as good as proper designed content. i wouldn't even to 2d-->3d.
bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wouldn't up convert 2D-3D either. I just wanted to make sure that slider doesn't affect native 3D movies.
[Post New]
should be fine
bkrieger [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.