Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Numbered Image Sequewnce Files
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Does PowerDirector suport Number Image Sequence files?

Like - I have numbered image sequences in jpeg format and need to pull them together for a movie.

Alan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

The short answer is yes. There are different ways to go about it.

This little tutorial shows how - http://youtu.be/NW9-c-jINBY

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
In loading (copying) the images from the sequence file, Power Director stopped and said it exceeded the 2,500 limit of images. Any way around this?

Alan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Ah - 2500+ images?

No - to my knowledge there's no way around that limitation in PD.

You could produce the video in smaller segments then combine the pre-produced files. That's the best I could suggest.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
That sure makes the project longer.

Not trying to be a movie pro just want to get these home movies converted in a decent production.

Oh Well!!

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: That sure makes the project longer.

Not trying to be a movie pro just want to get these home movies converted in a decent production.

Oh Well!!

Alan

Does your film capture device have software that will produce a Movie instead of numbered image sequence files?

You can still produce a movie for the numbered images, but Powerdirector has the limit of 2,500 images at a time.

It does not have that same limit for Movies. Movies can be any length and up to 4K resolution.

Have you ever told the forum what machine and what software?

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes.

The scanner can scan at 1:1, (Numbered Image Sequences) in jpeg and other formats), 720p, 1080p, and you can export it out as a .MOV file with image sequence or not, HD or SD.

I figure the best quality whcih is reasonable is 1:1, 1080P (might change that to 720P), and export as a .MOV file. Now, I am told that this is not as good quality as exporting in the Image Sequence format - but we may not be able to tell the difference.

What a learning exp;erience.

It was easier to build a super computer than to figure all of this out!

I will have to experiment somemore.

Thanks for all your support.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Scanner is a Retro-8 machine designed and made in Texas with the input of the CA Archives soceity. Over 350 have been sold so far world wide. Made by Moviestuff.tv. The software is specially designed for the Retro-8 scanner.

Alan