Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Create Disc] Is there a way to override the warning that the Project is larger than the preset size
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project that is larger than the disc size presets. I realize it is larger, that's acceptable. I'm going to be playing it back from the folder on the hard drive anyway and may never be writing it to an optical disc.

Is there a way to override/ignore the warning that it is larger than the disc preset sizes and just force it to render out?

The warning boxes that comes up (attachments) just have one choice and the project does not seem to be able to be forced to continue... This is in any Disc Type (for example, when attempting to use AVCHD, there is a Create A Folder option that is available, so I tick the checkbox, but it does not allow the render to begin). There is about 80GB free on that partition, the project estimates it is going to require about 20GB [it would be nice to be able to choose what bitrate and other AVC settings one would like to utilize /sigh]

Am I missing something, or is this another one for The Suggestion Box?

[Thumb - cyberlink  powerdirector create disc - the size exceeds available disc.PNG]
 Filename
cyberlink powerdirector create disc - the size exceeds available disc.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Warning of oversize project, larger than preset disc sizes
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
92 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink  powerdirector create disc - the select another profile or adjust duration.PNG]
 Filename
cyberlink powerdirector create disc - the select another profile or adjust duration.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Warning of oversize project, select another profile or reduce duration
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
94 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Apr 11. 2014 13:51

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
If you do not intend to ever burn your project to an optical disk, why don't you just PRODUCE your project to a format that works and then play the resulting PRODUCED file on your computer? No need to go to the CREATE DISC module at all.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: If you do not intend to ever burn your project to an optical disk, why don't you just PRODUCE your project to a format that works and then play the resulting PRODUCED file on your computer? No need to go to the CREATE DISC module at all.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks, that is what I have been doing mostly (Produce section) - I just made an error in my post - I meant to say "may never be writing it to disc" [I will edit the above post]. I would like to save it on a disc eventually perhaps, but if it is oversize a little bit at the moment, I would like to just 'force the program' to Produce it now, and I would just use another program that can compact/recompress the project to fit a disc (such as Nero's Recode utility) later if need be.

I have created slightly oversize projects in the past with Sony's DVD Architect software, and that software allowed me to 'produce anyway, even if oversize' and then I would shrink down the project the rest of the 'little bit of overage', to fit on a disc (usually only a 2-10% recompression anyway, resulting in similar quality to the original output).

I was just looking for a way to do everything in one program: edit, add effects, produce to disc, resize if necessary, and override the warning that it is slightly over the size of a disc, in case I want to 'make it fit' later; that's all.

"...it would help to make PowerDirector an all-in-one solution..." <--- might be going into The Suggestion Box

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 11. 2014 14:41

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector does have a "Smart Fit" utility in the Create Disk module to reduce the file size, but the reviews are mixed in terms of the output quality. You could try that on your project and determine if you are happy with the results.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote: PowerDirector does have a "Smart Fit" utility in the Create Disk module to reduce the file size, but the reviews are mixed in terms of the output quality. You could try that on your project and determine if you are happy with the results.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Thanks for that idea, I have in fact tried the Smart Fit utility and it seems to work well for compressing the project; but as you say, it lowers the Quality quite a bit. It seems to be very conservative [for compatibility with standalone players?] with resolution and uses high bitrates for the screen size it chooses...

Thank you though again for your input.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2014 15:40

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you are burning a DVD (Standard Definition), go to 2D > DVD, and use the drop down and select 8.5 GB.

If your project is less than about 2 hours in length, it will fit on a Double Layer DVD.

One hour and under will fit on a Single Layer DVD (4.7 GB)

If you burn a Disk Folder and not Burn a Disk, you can then see the actual size of the Disk folders.

Same thing for a BluRay disk (High Definition), 25 GB, 50 GB, 100 GB or 128 GB disks.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote: If you are burning a DVD (Standard Definition), go to 2D > DVD, and use the drop down and select 8.5 GB.

If your project is less than about 2 hours in length, it will fit on a Double Layer DVD.

One hour and under will fit on a Single Layer DVD (4.7 GB)

If you burn a Disk Folder and not Burn a Disk, you can then see the actual size of the Disk folders.

Same thing for a BluRay disk (High Definition), 25 GB, 50 GB, 100 GB or 128 GB disks.

Thanks,

The entire project totals about six hours I believe, which I was going to recompress to fit a disc later on, but play it from the folder for now, but it wouldn't let me export it 'because it was too big'.

Thanks for reminding me that BluRay goes up to 128GB -although, I'd rather use MPEG4 instead of MPEG2 if I could

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for reminding me that BluRay goes up to 128GB -although, I'd rather use MPEG4 instead of MPEG2 if I could

BluRay is both MPEG-2 and H.264. H.264 is AVC or .m2ts files.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Tesityr
[Post New]
Quote:

BluRay is both MPEG-2 and H.264. H.264 is AVC or .m2ts files.

Oh, thank you. I don't know as much about the final disc authoring as the editing before it... I was under the impression that I could only use MPEG-2 on a BluRay if I wanted the fancy menus, etc (not just a bunch of MPEG4 files on it). If I could use AVC and still have a nice menu function that'd be great.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yes you can create videos with menues. As Carl312 pointed out choose 100gb or bdxl and burn to folder only. PD has always overestimate the final disc size. 3hr of 17mbps camcorder video will fit a 25gb bd for sure. Don't know about game capture. You can estimate closer than what PD can. Do one and see what the folder size is and you can calculate which way to go (interpolate).