Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading from v13
kokap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2013 05:01 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I've bought 'Upgrade to PowerDVD 14 Ultra from 12/13 Ultra/Pro' product.
Do I have to remove v13 before installing v14?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
no - just install the Upgrade. The PDVD 14 Upgrade will uninstall the PDVD 13

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
kokap [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you.
kokap [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: no - just install the Upgrade. The PDVD 14 Upgrade will uninstall the PDVD 13

Hmm, the PDVD 14 Upgrade did NOT uninstall the PDVD 13... Now I have both versions on my PC. Is it OK?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2014 09:02

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
yes - it is OK!

The old license does not get invalid

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Could i install PD14 Upgrade without an existing installatation of my PD13 license ? What i mean, is it enough to have the old license key of pd13 and do a clean installation with the new pd14 upgrade ?
[Post New]
Powerdvd 14 doesnt automatic read srt or sub files like poverdvd 13..How to fix this?And stupid mouse scroll if i go forwards video goes backwards stupid!
rjsqxxx [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 25, 2010 08:01 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to break to Cyberlink but PowerDVD 14 most certainly did not uninstall PowerDVD 13. In fact, it left me a total mess. The item from add/remove programs was deleted but pretty much nothing else. CLcleaner for PowerDVD 13 was useless. I spent hours manually removing traces of PowerDVD 13 from my system. Can't Cyberlink do a better job with install/umninstall?

My environment is windows 8.1. I had powerdvd 13 installed and upgraded to powerdvd 14.

The honest answer to the question is that the installation process for powerdvd 14 leaves behind a mess. That is really bad with a product like powerdvd that has services that run in the background.

It's ugly cleaning it up. I won't even go into how I did it. Now that people's PC's were messed up how about supplying a functional CLcleaner for powerdvd 13?
josuv22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2013 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I hate to break to Cyberlink but PowerDVD 14 most certainly did not uninstall PowerDVD 13. In fact, it left me a total mess. The item from add/remove programs was deleted but pretty much nothing else. CLcleaner for PowerDVD 13 was useless. I spent hours manually removing traces of PowerDVD 13 from my system. Can't Cyberlink do a better job with install/umninstall?

My environment is windows 8.1. I had powerdvd 13 installed and upgraded to powerdvd 14.

The honest answer to the question is that the installation process for powerdvd 14 leaves behind a mess. That is really bad with a product like powerdvd that has services that run in the background.

It's ugly cleaning it up. I won't even go into how I did it. Now that people's PC's were messed up how about supplying a functional CLcleaner for powerdvd 13?

I just went into the control panel and powerdvd 13 was completely removed in less than 2 mins.
josuv22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2013 14:05 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Could i install PD14 Upgrade without an existing installatation of my PD13 license ? What i mean, is it enough to have the old license key of pd13 and do a clean installation with the new pd14 upgrade ?

yes all you need is the old lience and new lience when installing an upgrade version

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15695&prodId=1