Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Win 64 program files, or Win program files !
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Doh, what a start to the day!
My i5 64bit PC runs on Windows 7 with just 8gig of ram. I've just downloaded the latest PD12 patch and thought everything went according to plan. I even had time to do a very quick play with PD 12 and felt that there is an improvement a couple of moves I'm playing with at the moment.
However, the files have loaded themselves into the Win Program Files folder NOT the Win 64 Program Files folder
What I need to know is, do I have to uninstall PD12 and reload into the 64bit folder. Will this affect the performance of PowerDirector ?

It is more than likely finger trouble on my behalf as I'm trying to attend to guests ( I own and run a B&B ) and thought I'd save abit of time downloading the update while serving the tea! Men, can't do 2 jobs at once eh!

Thanks for your time
I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Here, there are Cyberlink files in both folders. Open the program, click the ? for HELP and click on ABOUT. Top-left, does it indicate "64-bit?" If yes, then that's what was installed.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There are parts of PowerDirector in both the 32 bit and 64 Bit folders in Windows 7.

Some parts of Powerdirector are coded 32 bit some parts are coded 64 bit.

Many of the extra bits (Contents) and (downloads from Director Zone) are 32 bit programs.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Here, there are Cyberlink files in both folders. Open the program, click the ? for HELP and click on ABOUT. Top-left, does it indicate "64-bit?" If yes, then that's what was installed.

Thanks borgus for your reply.

The PowerDirector "About" pop up screen does indeed indicate that I'm still working in 64bit :D

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: There are parts of PowerDirector in both the 32 bit and 64 Bit folders in Windows 7.

Some parts of Powerdirector are coded 32 bit some parts are coded 64 bit.

Many of the extra bits (Contents) and (downloads from Director Zone) are 32 bit programs.

Thanks Carl312 for your reply. It's amazing where these files get to but so far it all appears to work!

Cheers all. I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.