Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
strange lettering
Daddyz [Avatar]
Member Location: Ontario Canada Joined: Mar 16, 2014 17:25 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all...did anyone come across this....
I'm editing a tile and as I'm writing, the text shows up in the edit window and up at the very top of the ( how do I explain this...) open window of PD , at the same level as "file, setting, edit , view" ..etc, except the words where all scrambled ...something like this. ruhdim, dongte, erlpdiy .
Now , in the edit window , all the text was proper...
Closed the text editing window , reopened it and all that was fine , top and in the text window .....I hope I explained myself properly........any ideas?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Sometime the user interface for PowerDirector goes AWOL.

Parts of the user interface will reappear if you run your mouse pointer over the missing parts.

The best way to bring back the interface is to minimize the PowerDirector program (click on "-" upper Right ). Then restore the Window.

We think it is a refresh problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2014 22:10

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Daddyz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks....I will try that
Daddyz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Carl312....I tried what you suggested and.....no can do...it's happening again....any other thoughts?
Thanks ...
Hold everything...I'll figure out how to do a "screen capture " and I will show you what is happening ( I found some more stuff/issues)
PLEASE STAND BY

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 19:54

Daddyz [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok...I thing I got this...here goes...take a look.....Thanks
 Filename
#2.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
851 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
Daddyz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry I sent to much at once ......I wasn't paying attention

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 31. 2014 20:08

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Daddyz - Thanks for sending over the screen clips.

From what I can see everything looks perfectly normal. For the "strange characters," are you referring to the nonsense "Ipsum Lorem" text that the Clover_04 title is prefilled with? That's just typographer text used to show off how the details of their fonts. You can delete all that by highlighting the text in the text box and put in whatever text you like.

In your screenshots, the text in the title bar also matches the first couple dozen characters, but the window title is only generated when the window is first opened and it won't be updated as you change the main text. The first time you'll see "Title Designer / Credit Ipsom" etc. but when you change the main text, click Save, then reopen the window it's title should match the starting letters and characters of the current text.

Does that answer your question, or have I missed something else that's going on?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
OD - I don't think you're missing a thing

Daddyz - the text in the templates is just "dummy" text to fill the space. Just select it and change it to what you want.

... but I don't quite understand why there is any difference between Preview & Title Designer. Maybe I'm missing something

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Daddyz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry guys....I did not know that.
But in my defense.. it does not happen all the time , meaning that "dummy text" is not always there.
There are times when regular text appears instead of the "dummy text" .( must be a glitch)
Thanks.
Haaaaaa, technology today

Ho...it does change when edited..that I knew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2014 09:11