Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Select Multiple Clips for Correction in ColorDirector
PDinDallas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2014 09:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to select multiple clips on the timeline in Powerdirector 12 and edit them in ColorDirector 2, instead of only being able to select and color correct one clip at a time?

Thanks!
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I don't use ColorDirector 2, however, within PD-12, click on the clip you want to make changes to, then go to Fix/Enhance > Color Adjustment and make the changes, then select Apply to All.

This will apply the color changes to all video clips on that timeline, but will not apply changes to other timelines.

For the video clips on the same time that you did not want to to be changed, simply go the that clip and select Fix/Enhance > Color Adjustment and un-check Color Adjustment.

Just a thought. Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PDinDallas -

Bill's right - you can't send more than one clip at a time for enhancement. That applies to ColorDirector too.

If you have a number of clips and you want to apply the same ColorDirector adjustment to each, there are a couple of ways of doing that. Let me know if these instructions aren't clear enough.

Multiclip CDR Effect I
1. Select clip > Fix/Enhance > ColorDirector
2. Make adjustments
3. Click back
4. While still in Fix/Enhance, click Apply to All

Multiclip CDR Effect II
1. Select clip > Fix/Enhance > ColorDirector
2. Make adjustments
3. Click Create to save adjustments as Preset
4. Click back
5. Newly created preset appears in Color Effect > All Presets library
6. Apply to desired clips

If you don't want to apply the same adjustment to multiple clips, don't read the above instructions

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 12. 2014 14:19

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PDinDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks to you, both! I will take a look with your suggestions tonight. BTW: It really is a small world. Bill is in Texas where I am and Tony is in NSW, where I was in 2013!

Wayne

PDinDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]
It worked like you two suggested. Thank you very much!
bottomturn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2014 11:23 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to both of you for this -I was having the same issue - did not realize that "apply to all" only applied to the active timeline. I've never used multiple video timelines - I guess I now know what they are useful for.

I'd like to follow up with a workflow question - I find that applying a color preset really bogs down the editing process - as a newbie at this, I was wondering what you recommend for a workflow. Right now, I import all my desired clips (usually around 50), trim them to size, add transitions, add music, adjust clips to match music transitions, and then color correct. I do all of this in PowerDirector and never really invoke ColorDirector except to create a preset. But by the time I'm done, I can't really see a smooth preview of a 6 minute video. Is this a reasonable workflow? And is it true that color correction/effects is really hard on the processor?

Roger
Aus_Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 27, 2013 19:55 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Your workflow is spot on in my experience and is what I do. Colour correction will slow down all but the most powerful of machines. You can do a "preview render" of a section of video which is essentially temporarily producing a section. I find this the best work around once you've got creative.