Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio issue without RichVideo
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This one appears somewhat strange. If I untick the "Enable the RichVideo information in open media dialog" from the Preferences, General tab, it appears one can not import audio files.

1) unick "Enable the RichVideo information in open media dialog"
2) import mp3 file supplied by Cyberlink C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\Blackboard\Audio\Pets.mp3
3) it appears to import but hangs at 100% (see attached)

I've waited 15 minutes and it won't import the file. I've tried multiple mp3, wma's, and wav's and the results are the same.
Do the above import but tick the "Enable the RichVideo information in open media dialog" and all import fine. Why would this be?

PD7, V1915

Jeff
 Filename
audioissue.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Stuck at 100%
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Yep, you are correct, you cannot import music with Enable RichVideo disabled, freezes too, had to turn computer off, even froze Task Manager.

Another one for Dafydd to to contact R & D about.

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff and Robert,

Thank you both for your efforts. I did a quick check as well and found the issue.

The next patch (out very soon) will correct this I'm told.

Dafydd
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
You CAN load the folder containing an mp3 without any problems. It only hangs when you load a file (or files) within the folder.