Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
aspect ratio - playing 4:3 on a 16:9 screen?
drummer grl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2008 08:10 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I have pictures and video that were taken in 4:3 (I think) and I want to be able to play them on a widescreen tv but they looked strched. I tried producing it in 16:9 but the images still look streched. Is there a way to make the video look good like adding a subtle background in 16:9 to my 4:3 files?
Also I am making some slide shows and when I have scanned pix that are small ( smaller then a 4x6) there is black on around the pictures. Is there a way to have a nice background to these pictures or is this a cropping issue? BTW I am not using the slideshow template that is provided I am doing it on my own.
thanks martina
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Martina,

This may not fully 'cure' the problem of stretching the aspect ratio but maybe you could try a couple of workarounds.
For stills you could try resizing then cropping or whatever to balance the stretch effect. I use Zoner Studio 10 professional but other software will no doubt have the same facility.
For video you might be able to use Super© to do the same sort of thing, re render the video to whatever size/aspect ratio that you might be comfortable with.
I'm sure it will be a bit of a balancing act and then you might have to play with the border issue - others will probably have suggestions on this for PD7 (I'm still very old fashioned and using PD6! )
cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.