Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
1915 update patch problem
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I have PD7 ultra build 1628a purchased online as a upgrade from PD6 Deluxe. When I try to run the 1915 patch, I get an error message saying, that I need the full version of PD7 and not the trial version.

Also I've noticed that in addition to the "isale" reference in My account, I now have a "retail" upgrade reference that definitely wasn't there when I registered PD7.

I've come here first to get an answer, as tech support will just say "re-install"
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Dave,

Send me your receipt pdf please - email it to me. Make sure you also summarise this posting in the email.

I'll approach CS on this.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 20. 2008 11:06

David [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd.

I must say that this is the first significant problem I've had with PD7. PD6 threw it's dummy out on a regular basis, but it appears to me that Cyberlink have learned some lessons from that.

Also I have to add that at this price point, PD7 is quite a decent package. I've read a few complaints that would be justified on a £500 piece of software, but considering PD7's minimal price, I find it very good.

To confirm another members findings, I too have solved most minor issues by working with smaller projects. Instead of 1 huge timeline with hundreds of media files and effects, I tend to render individual chapters and then combine these together.
David [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, I'm impressed.

Within 2 hours of your e-mail to myself, I received a download link from CL Customer Support. It downloaded the full 600+mb package that accepted my original key, and I now have a working 1915 build.

Thanks

Dave.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 21. 2008 12:22