Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Chromakey PD7 & PIP
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
1) My first time on this forum (or any forum for that matter), so I'm not sure how this works, or what the the protocols of interacting here may be.
But... I've been using PD (v 4 through 6) for almost 2 years now, and decided to purchase v.7. One reason is because of the 6 PIP's, and that Cyberlink said it's Chroma Key (in the PIP) was improved. I find the exact opposite to be true. No matter what color mask I use, or how much fine tuning I try, I get a lot of halo of the mask color. That didn't happen with fine tuning in v.6 where 95% of the time I could remove all traces of of that (what I call halo) from the inserted image or video clip. Also I find that anything put into v.7's PIP appears much more blurry than in v.6.
Am I doing something wrong? Missing a new step in v7?

2) I had a total system crash (before buying PD7) and had to re-install complete Operating System and all programs. Then purchased/downloaded PD7. So far I'm not happy with PD7.
Is PD6 still available? Where can one buy PD6? I didn't buy a backup CD when I bought PD6, and have lost my records/key for it, and according to Cyberlink, they only have records of my upgrade from v4 to v5. They show no record of my upgrade to v6, and support never responds to my emails. I am willing to buy PD6 again, but where can I purchase it?

OK, I guess I just click on submit and see if this works, huh? Hahahaha.
-Cranston-
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Cranstom,

What version of PD7 are you using? I think the PIP fuzziness has improved some in release 1915 compared to prior versions of PD7. You might try your chromo effects in PIP 6 and see if you have the same issues. PIP track 6 is the dominate PIP track.

If you really want to buy PD6 again, I think HermanStreet
http://www.hermanstreet.com/store/software-powerdirector-premium-6-box-copy-121739.html
still offers the PD6 premium box product.

Jeff
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the info! I just checked and I do have release 1915. PIP track 6, on my rig anyway, doesn't really seem to be any less fuzzy, but with a white mask color I could compose a simple 2 pictures image that was passable, but still not as clean as I could with v6.

I also noticed that in the Color (toolbox) that if you color correct or sharpen an image/clip, that the button now says apply to "all", where as in v6 one could choose to just apply that correction to a single item.
But I guess I just need to play with this version a little more.

And again, thank you very much for the link to PD6 and for your input and response.

-Cranston- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Cranstom,

You can still apply the color (toolbox) adjustments to a single image in PD7. After you have made adjustments to a single image, simply close the edit box with the "X" in the upper right corner. The effects will only be applied to the pic you were editing. On the other hand, if you want to apply to all pics, do as you indicate and click the "Apply to All" button.

Jeff
Cranston
[Post New]
Hey, thanks Jeff! I'll check that out.

BTW, even though I've been enjoying using PD (various versions) for 2 years, I haven't really searched through the Cyberlink site to see what others are producing. Is there a place here where folks have posted their productions?
Other than on Youtube (where I have about 40 of my goofy vids posted, but won't pimp my channel here as that may not be appropriate), I haven't been able to see many vids done with PD. I'd be interested in seeing more vids by folks using PD.

Thanks again for being helpful to a forum "newbie"! I'm gonna really research all these forum postings as I can see that this can be a very valuable resource.

-Cranston- Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cranston,

There certainly is a web site dedicated to Power Director productions,
Click on the link below and become a member of SeeMyWorldOnVideo, it is completly free to join and there are many training videos that you can watch, programs you can download and of course upload your own productions and watch other members productions

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2008 23:58

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cranston
[Post New]
Thank you Robert!
I will go there now. I appreciate it sir.

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
RJ needs more starz. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!