Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating AVCHD DVDs
Kai Toedter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 06:49 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Since I did not find a workaround for the crashes of PD7 (version 1915) while creating a AVCHD DVD (see my post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/3575/ENU.page#13627), I try to find a simple AVCHD DVD authoring tool that accepts m2ts files produced by PD7 WITHOUT re-encoding them.

I have tried Pixela Image Mixer 3.2.1 and DVD Architect 5 so far. Both would accept native m2ts files from my Canon HF100 and produce AVCHD DVDs without re-encoding them.

But both re-encode any m2ts file created with PD7.

Do you know of any software that can create AVCHD DVDs from m2ts files created by PD7 without re-encoding (1920x1080, Dolby Digital)?

Thanks

Kai
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Kai,

The burn folder which PD7 creates can be used directly with other programs to make AVCHD disks which do not require any additional processing or transcoding. All is you need is a DVD burning program such as Nero Burning ROM, and you have to do 2 things:

1. Be sure to burn your DVD as a UDF 2.5 format disk, and do not use ISO since the BluRay players are expecting UDG 2.5. In Nedro you have to also set Manual Partition and Physical Partition type rather than let the program make an automatic choice.

2. Take the folder called BDMV and copy it completely intact to your DVD in the root directory, so that opening your disk immediately shows the BDMV foler. This is what your set-top player or computer PC-based player is expecting as the root directory contents.

You will be able to play them with no problems on your AVCHD-capable BluRay player.

Be advised that prior to Vista, XP machines mostly could not open and see UDF 2.5 disks, since this is a newer partitioning and formating method. You will need extra software on an XP machine if you want to open and see the disk, but this will not be an issue if you only want to burn UDF 2.5 with Nero or some other program.

Good luck and hope this helps. Let us know what your results are.

Larry
Kai Toedter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2008 06:49 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Larry,

the crash happens before the BDMV folder content is created. PD7 only creates the four sub folders and than crashes after creating the 00000.m2ts file in the stream directory. So using another burning program would not help.

Best regards,

Kai
LarrySH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 27, 2008 18:11 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Kai,
The 2 programs I use most for AVCHD which both do smart rendering are Movie Factory 6 Plus from Ulead and Nero Vision 5. Both can import the Cyberlink stream files 00000X.m2ts, assuming that they are completely formed before Cyberlink crashes.

In my experiments here, both programs willmake virtually identical looking AVCHD disks using the Cyberlink files as input, but only the Ulead Movie Factory 6 Plus does so without the need to transcode, using its smart rendering. For reasons unknown tome. Nero wants to re-render the file before burning it.

Hope this helps until Cyberlink fixes the PD7 code.

Larry