Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reverse HD video
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,
For anyone interested in reversing HD 720p clips the following seems to work (be prepared!)

You need virtualdub and Avisynth2.5

The following is mainly courtesy of www.rehanfx.org/tips.htm#Reverse_Video.

"It works with AVI files only which are either non-compressed or compressed using frame by frame compression such as MJPEG.

Assuming you have got the latest versions of both VirtualDub and AviSynth installed and working correctly:

First convert your input clip to a non-compressed AVI file. To do this open the file in vdub, from Video menu select Compression and set compression to "Uncompressed RGB". Now "Save As" an AVI file say "mymovie.avi"."

Note:
However, I use PD6 to produce a divx file AVI high quality. I use DIVx codec 6.8.3 with codec settings of 720HD profile. This can be read by vdub. Save the file as, say, "mymovie" (as above)

Now open Notepad or any other text editor and copy paste the following line in it:

AviSource("mymovie.avi").Reverse()

and save the file as "mymovie_reverse.avs" in the same folder where you saved the above video file.

Again in VirtualDub open this avs file using File -> Open. While keeping the same uncompressed selection in the Compression dialog, use File -> "Save as" to save the target movie file: mymovie_reverse.avi. Let the video to be saved.

You should end up with mymovie_reverse.avi

Use as required.

The reason for not following the rehanfx instructions was to avoid what appeared to be combing effects that became very apparent. That might have been to do with my original input clips/process but I don't think so. Also getting an avi output @16:9 seemed to preclude the standard avi settings.

I don't have the technical knowledge to know why, so had to revert to trial and error - mainly error - but the dixvx route seems to work.

Enjoy. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.