Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director NE Express - Update?
Sandy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2008 13:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can you get these products updated? Mine seems to get more and more unstable with each passing year!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Updated.... Most OEM software is as you get.... you use. Improvements are passed onto the product the item is attached with and purchased with.

I would suggest you look to use the latest software and have a far better video editing experience.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/tag/pd7/

Watch a few videos - you'll notice the differences.

Dafydd
Sharon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2008 09:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you but you are not being helpful. I too have this problem.
I just bought a JVC camrecorder for $500.00 and it came bundled with PowerDirector 5NE and Power Producer 3.7
I would have expected to have software that is up to date bundled with the camera.
I have trouble burning with Power Producer. It stops after 20% on the authoring phase.
I have to trash hours of work and start over (on a different computer).
I just found out this version is not Vista compatible and there are no patches for Power Director.
I tried to download and install the PowerProducer Patch but it says that it is already compatible so OK why still the problems authoring?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sharon,

Your issue is with JVC, not Cyberlink, did the box your camera came in state that it was Vista compatible?

It is surprising that the versions supplied with your camera are old versions, maybe the camera had been in stock a long time

For Power Producer 3.7 the only version that is Vista compatible is Build 3604a, check the build No. of the version supplied with your camera.

Most bundled software now comes with at least Power Director 6 OEM versions or 6.5 OEM versions and Power Producer 4.2 OEM versions but whats actually included in any particular version can vary, depending on the equipment supplier requirements.

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Sharon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2008 09:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Can you please tell me where I can find the build information for Power Producer and also if Power Director that I have is compatible
50034078 SEP SR# CDS070608-02
The only version info I have for Power Producer is 370 4511

I have been using Windows Movie Maker which of course works fine.

I will see if I can get anything from JVC.

Thank you
Österåker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2008 12:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have just bought a powerdirector update for JVC envirio users. It seemed to be a good offer. I thougt that the program which came with the camera was enough for buying an update, since the offer was expecially for JVC users. BUT, I cannot intall the update it requires version 4 of power director.
Do anyone outthere have a suggestion what to doo. It's hard if not even possible to get the money back when buying online/downloadable stuff....

Can anybody help me?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
You have not stated which Model you purchased, but have a look at the following post and follow the instructions given

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2921.page

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots