Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need Help with Motion Designer in Slideshow
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Dafydd,

Could you make one of your excellent videos showing how to effectively use the Magic Motion feature for still images?

Although we have more motion choices in PD7 vs PD6, many of the choices end up cutting heads off and are just unusable. I've been trying to use the User-defined feature, but I'm getting confused because when I try to move the diamonds to get the right motion the frame changes shape and I have to keep starting over.

There has to be an easier way because I do slide shows with 50-350 still images and I just can't do each image individually. I've tried the automatic slideshow feature but some of the motions also cut off heads and I've read earlier posts that some pictures are duplicated.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cindy
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Ok.... will do.

I'll make and post in a little while

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Cindy,

It took me a little longer to get around to making this video, sorry for the delay. I might have made a couple boobs in the video because I ad-libbed as I went along and probably went over the same thing more than once on the music placement - audio files.

Anyway, see what you think of this long long long video:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/238/pd7-motion-for-images/

The video is dedicated to Cindy.... well she asked for the video...

X

Dafydd
Cindy R [Avatar]
Member Location: Louisiana, USA Joined: Feb 27, 2007 16:34 Messages: 124 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like a page (or 2) of the forum is missing in cyberspace somewhere . . . .

Anyway, thank you, Dafydd for the excellent instructional video using the Motion Designer in Slideshow. It answered many of my questions and then some.

I really liked your demo using the advanced feature in the cell slideshow. The advanced feature really adds flexibility to that particular type of slideshow. Why didn't Cyberlink offer that same advanced setting for the other types of slideshows? Can you offer that as a suggestion in future builds? By adding this feature to the other types would greatly reduce the tedious manual job (that you so thoroughly explained) of resizing pics on an individual basis if one is rushed or has many photos.

Thanks for your help,
Cindy
[Post New]
Hi Cindy,

I have used motion slideshows extensively using both PD6 / PD7 and lots of other software. There is an intermittent bug in the PD6 version which is much more common in PD7 - the focal area seems to be unacceptably close. That is, the picture has excessive zoom.

This seems to happen when I add a picture, or move slides around and add a transition e.g. a cross-fade.

Excessive zoom ruins the slideshow effect and, to be honest, it would be too laborious and time consuming to have to correct each frame individually.

Also, I could not get PD7 to actually Pan & Zoom - at best I could only get a slow zoom which was a consistent motion on all slides.

My last slideshow project was over 200 photos. PD7 could not handle it too well, so I reverted to PD6. The result was outstanding.

Good luck!

Con
Windows 7 - i7 860, 8Gb RAM, 2 x 1 TB HDD, GTS 250 1Gb Video
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
To create a Pan and Zoom is easy in PD7. I'm not sure why you were having problems carrying that particular function out. I'd put together a video if that would help - just say.

I can see why you've come to the conclusion regarding multiple still images and motion and I have already made representation on this particular issue.

Dafydd

Cindy R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Con,

Thank you for that information. Ya know, now that you mentioned the "intermittent bug", I, too, saw it in PD6. I thought I was going crazy with the pan & zooms, especially in the bigger projects. I would work on a project and have everything just right, open it up the next day and all the motions would be off. It was very frustrating!

I thought that maybe I had a problem with my video card, but then it wouldn't happen every time just as you experienced. I haven't finished & burned a project in PD7 yet and that was the purpose of this question. I was hoping I could get a better handle on the motion designer before I started a project.

And Dafydd . . .

Any instructional videos would be helpful. I do lots of slideshows of people and not so much scenery so preventing cut off heads is really important! Maybe you could "test" PD7 using pics of people (instead of scenery) to see if you could recreate this problem that occurs with using multiple still images (50+) using the pan & zoom. Then delete a couple of pics, save the project and open it up again and see if the pan & zooms are still centered correctly.

The motion designer could really be a great tool if it works correctly!

Cindy
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

I think both Cindy, myself and many other PD7 users would be delighted to learn from one of your excellent videos how we can create Pan & Zoom in PD7.

Also, any insights/fix to the bug in PD6 would be great as well.

Thank you.

Con

Windows 7 - i7 860, 8Gb RAM, 2 x 1 TB HDD, GTS 250 1Gb Video
Curt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2008 15:31 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello--I'm using PD6. When I try to apply Magic Motion to an image, I ONLY get a drop-down menu with "Random" as the ONLY option. Shouldn't there at least be pan and zoom options also? Am I doing something wrong? I watched the excellent tutorial video for PD7, and even though I don't expect to be able to do all that stuff with PD6, it sure seems like I ought to be able to do more than opt for a random effect or nothing at all. Thanks!
Tim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 02, 2008 03:07 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Cindy,

It took me a little longer to get around to making this video, sorry for the delay. I might have made a couple boobs in the video because I ad-libbed as I went along and probably went over the same thing more than once on the music placement - audio files.

The video is dedicated to Cindy.... well she asked for the video...

X

Dafydd

Wow! This is great. Dafydd, I'm relatively new to the forum - is there a list somewhere of any similar instructional videos you have made?

Thanks much!
Aroush [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2011 18:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there it would be really nice if someone can give ma a hand here. Ok, I have a Power Director version 7 and 8, but unfortunately I recently did a window update and then i installed Power Director version 8, it was installed perfectly and I was able to use every tool. However after using it I tried to use the Motion Magic tool which offers pictures to do various effects such as zoom in, pan... etc. After the installation I cannot access that part, there are no effect options its disappeared and it does not let me do anything. So in this case I have been very upset as I mostly use that part of the tool. It would be great if someone give me a idea and help to bring those effects back. Thank you in advance! Thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

I get:
Not Found
The requested URL /view/238/pd7-motion-for-images/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
CyberLink tutorials for PD7:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3523.page

Look for the sticky messages at the top of the forum.