Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove Video Effect
[Post New]
Is there a way to remove an effect after a project has been saved and the program closed (can't use "undo").

I applied the "Old Movie" style to a video project and produced it, which is cool. But in retrospect, I should have also produced a copy without the effect. I have the project saved, but can't seem to figure out how to remove the effect. I see the little orange i square in the corner of the clip and when I mouse over it tells me that the effect is applied.

Am I missing something simple or is it too late to remove the effect after the project has been saved and the program closed?

Cindy
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The method to remove an effect depends on where you applied the effect.

If you put the Effect on the FX track, just right click and remove.

If you put the effect on the video itself, click the Clip, See the Effect button on top of the timeline, Click it.

In the Effecting Settings Windows, uncheck the check mark beside the name of the effect.

[Thumb - Effect Settings window_resize.png]
 Filename
Effect Settings window_resize.png
[Disk]
 Description
Remove effect on video
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
683 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 26. 2014 18:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks so much for your reply Carl. I kept reading about the"Effects" button, but didn't see it. I did apply the effect right onto the video (probably best to use the FX track). Anyway, when I clicked on the track I could not see the button. But when I unlinked the audio from the video, then the effects button was visible and I was able to remove the effect.

[Post New]
Here are some screen shots for clarification, in case anyone else is having the same problem.
[Thumb - effect2.jpg]
 Filename
effect2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Effects button visible after unlinking audio
 Filesize
74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
[Thumb - effect1.jpg]
 Filename
effect1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
No effects button
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Glad it worked for you. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Archibureau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2014 15:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi,
I have a similar problem with the power tools.

I applied the slow-motion effect, saved the project and closed the program. But when I open it again I can't change the effect anymore and I also cannot aply any effect to a clip which I did not aply any effect to in the first place.
I did a second test-project file where I can change the effects after having closed the program and everything is working perfectly but I don't know what I did differently in the first project.

Thanks in advance!

Xav
[Thumb - cyberlink_slo_mo_prob copy.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink_slo_mo_prob copy.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
339 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)
Archibureau [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2014 15:56 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Well just as Cindy found out, it works when I unlink the audio, but is there no other way of doing it?

Xav
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cindy, Archi,

This unlinking Audio / Video issue is a pain to deal with.
There are a lot of posts mentioning this bug.

Cyberlink is well aware of this at the moment we just have to wait until they finally figure it out and update PD 12 with a patch.
I will be very happy when this happens.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be