Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not upload to YouTube or DirectorZone
Ed1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 15:01 Messages: 30 Online
[Post New]
The last 3 or 4 videos I have finished will not upload to YouTube or DirectorZone from Power Directors upload page. I can take the MPEG4 file and use YouTube's upload page and it works to get into YouTube - BUT - I can not figure out how to upload the video to DirectorZone. Not really a big deal but it would be nice to share the timeline and my 2 subscribers might like to see my videos even if they are not as good as the videos you more experienced guys make. Ya Ya I know 2 subscribers is not much but I have to start somewhere LOL
Ed
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Ed -

Don't feel too badly. I recently got a thumbs down on YT... before the video had even finished processing! Pretty quick, huh?

My experience of DirectorZone is that it can be quite unreliable. I've had lots of videos fail to upload, especially 1920x1080. I don't remember ever having a 1280x720 one flop.

As an example of DZ's reliability (or not), yesterday I tried to upload quite a sizeable animated PiP object. Just after the progress bar go to 99%, I got an alert that CL was unable to upload it. End of story? No. Next minute I got an email saying "Congratulations - your effect is uploaded"... I went into my account to check & there it was!

I'm sure your subscribers list will grow, once you get DZ to function for you!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2014 03:45

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!