Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program freeze on Create Disk
Willie.747 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: Apr 02, 2013 15:51 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have a simple video which I captured from VHS. I trimmed the AVI file, added chapter points and added transition effects. Now when I select Create Disk, Power Director hangs on "checking Menu Settings", "Updating title profile settings". I have all the updates applied. Where do I go from here?

[Thumb - Hung on Create disk.png]
 Filename
Hung on Create disk.png
[Disk]
 Description
screen image of hang
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Willie.747:

Have you tried saving your VHS capture as an .mpeg file and burning that?

There is not much information for us to go on, and we are all volunteers. If you could attach a dxdiag file (instructions in sticky thread), we might be able to rule out your computer as the culprit and do more than just guess. The error is unusual.

Do you have a menu assigned, or did you select "No Menu"?

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Willie.747 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did not create mpeg file because I had to use Adobe Premiere to do the capture. I used my DV camcorder as an analog to digital converter for the VHS tape. PD will NOT allow me to capture with this configuration because it insists on controlling the DV and says I need to insert a tape.
I could not select No Menu because PD hangs while getting into the Create Disk screen, so I have no menus. I can "temporarily" circumvent the hang by opening PD without any project, selecting Create Disk, choosing no menu, importing the true project. I can then select my menu. However, if I save this project under a different name, close it, re-open the saved project and select Create Disk, I get the same freeze on checking Menu Settings. The menu I choose is a modified menu but one I have been using for all my projects. I just tried to modify this menu to move the buttons so that I can see them when the menu is squeezed together with a 4:3 aspect ratio. When I do a Save As to save the modifications, it crashes PD!

Any other suggestions?
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Willie.747:

I would suggest that you try creating a project with just the sample PD12 media and see if you can get into the Create Disk module successfully. If you can with a sample media project, then there is something about your real project that is causing issues. Of course, there could also be a conflict with Adobe Premier. Not sure at all, how well PD12 and it will play together in the same sandbox. Other editors here have more experience with that than I do, since PD12 is the only heavy duty video editing suite that I have, that and ColorDirector, but they were bred to play nicely together.

Personally I use specialized, different software and a converter to capture my VHS and Hi-8 media into .mpeg2 format and then import that into PD and I have never had any issues. Could never get PD12 to work with either my camcorder or my VHS player. If you want information on what I use, please send me a private message. It is contrary to Forum rules to "advertise" what could be considered a current or future competing product.

I would still like to see your dxdiag file to rule out something obvious in your computer configuration. No personal information is transmitted, so there are no privacy concerns.

Keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Willie.747 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My problems appear to be caused because I am using specially modified menus which have no thumbnails. There is a thread concerning all the problems users are having with these menus. I tried my project with a menu with thumbnails and I do not get a freeze. However, I (like others) need menus which do not have thumbnails but CL has not provided that ability as yet, just like they have not provided the analog to DV camcorder capability.
CalagazPhoto [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pensacola, FL Joined: Aug 02, 2014 15:39 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I originally had a problem in which EVERY burned DVD would display a "playback limited to area" when the disc was played in a standard DVD player. I updated drivers and software. Now, when I change setting to smart fit before burning, it freezes on checking menu settings title. My project size is 64MB over the max size...however I have successfully burned discs, using smart fit, that were well over the HQ size.

DxDiag attached.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)