Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest PD7 patch and some quibbles
David [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Dec 09, 2007 19:18 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
This might sound like a stupid question, but how do I get hold of the latest PD7 patch? I'm using build 1628a, but the option to update isn't available.

Generally I like PD7, the biggest plus for me over PD6 is multiple PIP tracks. Unlike Dafydd, I prefer to work on one big project time-line, so the more I can fit into a single time-line the better for me.

I've read most of the posts relating to PD7, and while I don't want to jump on the band wagon of blame, I do think PD7 should have been debugged a little better before release.

I'm not a software engineer, but I know enough about PC hardware to know that PD7 is NOT a very demanding piece of code. Heck, a 3 generation old Athlon is more than powerful enough to decode full screen mpeg2 in software.

I hope Cyberlink can sort out most of the problems quickly, because, as I said, in general I liked PD6 and I like PD7 more.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink has not yet issued a patch to upgrade to build 1714, I contacted Technical Support and they provided me with a download link in about 2 days for the new PD7 build 1714.

Customer Support
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html

Jeff