Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD7 Slideshow Issue
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 v1714

It appears we have lost a nice capability in the slideshow feature in PD7 that we had in PD6. For some reason one can not extend the duration of slideshow when completed like we could in PD6. I understand if the show was fitted to music but do the following:

1) Drag several pictures to the timeline
2) Create a cell slideshow with just default settings (i.e. no music, timeline order for pictures)
3) The duration of the resulting clip in the timeline can not be extended by dragging or "set duration" which is grayed out. Strange, we could in PD6

If one wants to change the slideshow duration in PD7 you need to throw in some form of music that you have trimmed, fit photo's to music during slideshow creation and then mute the resulting slideshow clip. Rather inconvenient.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,
I brought this issue (and your posting) to CyberLink's attention. I'm not sure it will change the situation as the slideshows are "linked" to audio placement as part of the slideshow capability and allowing the change in the duration will alter the added audio. I for one prefer to add my audio afterwards and to marry it up with other media I have in the time-line.

The only solution is to produce and bring the slideshow video back in as a finished file... to some that isn't acceptable.

I have made the point and a video to show what a video editor needs etc.

Dafydd

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks.

It appears to me that when slideshows are created with NO audio, then no audio link should exist and one should be able to freely modify the length of the created video. I too often like to adjust things to fit my project and music that I've added afterwards.

I hope they reconsider the ability to modify duration when no audio exists. Further, I guess I don't understand why the adjust speed is not even available when that can stretch or mute the audio. Seems like an obvious fit.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the additional comments, they are most welcome.

I have re-iterated the points raised..... to CyberLink and I fully agree with the issue made by Jeff. I like stretching a slideshow out and I don't add audio until the time-line.

Dafydd