Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
burning to blu-ray
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that once you put your edited main title page into the project with multiple videos, with menu then create disk, you cannot bring that back later into Powerdirector (create) to make changes.

Can't bring back into Powerdirector 12 the blu-ray disk video created from Powerdirector back into Powerdirector from the Blu-ray folder.

Sure running into glitches.

Alan
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Alan:

Insert your Blu-ray disk into your BD drive. Navigate to the \BDMV\STREAM folder. Your video files should be there and can be used by PD12 if they are in a compatible format. I would copy them to an internal hard drive before trying to open a new project to further edit the video files.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like you have the same tractor I do. JD X485 All wheel steer chains blower the whole bit.

Thanks,

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did noavigate to the stream file, they are all .m2ts files.

How do you get tem into powerdirector. Do you bring them in individually - the main title page is created in Create Disk. Seems there is a divide between Edit and Create.

You can edit and pack materials in edit, but not in create so it is a little confusing on when to move from one to the other.

I'm sure it just a learning curve. Ater 2 yeas on Videostudio this is a whole new ballgame.

Thanks for your help.

Alan
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Alan:

We have different tractors. Mine is a John Deere X500, two wheel rear drive (when engaged). Chains, mower deck, snow thrower, and a cart.

Navigate to the folder on the Blu-ray as I told you. Using Windows Explorer or some other file manager, copy the .m2ts files to a folder on an internal computer drive. Once copied to the drive, you can open PD12, and import those files into PD12. Once imported, you can drag them to the timeline and start further editing.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
So your tractor is better then mine. I have all that stuff too. Sure need the snowblower this year

I got it on the regular videos, The one I can't quite figure out is the main Title Page which shows the main title, and the titles of all of the videos in a menu that are on the DVD. My files are on the internal drive file in the blu-ray created folder.

That title page is there in the blu-ray folder, but not clear where to put it since the Create disk Module created it not the Edit module.

You think we put the title page videos from the blu-ray folder on the timeline also, just put them in front?

It seems that once you cut the video you can't get back to the main title page to make changes - you can with videos since they in essence are in another place where you can bring them back in to powerdirector and edit them and put them back in the video project. Then you go to create module to recreate it and it wants to setup another title page.

Alan

Might ned to borrow your tractor with all the snow we are getting 2 is better then 1. 200' driveway.

Thanks,

Alan
garioch7
[Post New]
Alan:

I am getting most confused. You shouldn't put the title anywhere on the timeline. As you pointed out, it is created by the Create Disc module.

I am not sure why you can't get back from the Create Disk module to the Edit module. I have never had any issue with that.

Not sure what editing you want to do to the burned .m2ts files, but if you are having all of these issues, it might be best to just open a new project, drag your .m2ts files to the timeline after importing them to PD12 from a folder YOU create on your internal drive, that is not the burned-to PD12 Blu-ray folder. I think that might be what your issue is. PD12 might well be "locking" the files in "its" "Burn to Folder" folder.

You can then edit to your heart's content and then just recreate your menu for the new edited project.

I have about 400 feet of lane and driveway, plus walkways. It is snowing now as I write this, so I will need my tractor and snow thrower again today. Sorry. I have lived here for six winters now, and this is the worst in terms of snow.

Have a great day, and I hope I haven't confused you as much as I am confused ... sigh.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
You win again!!

Not trying to put the title in the time line.

Just if I have to make changes to any of the videos in the timeline (once it had already been creted) It seems you basically have to do the title page over again. Which is what I am doing and I guess that is how it is. In other words, you seem to lose the main title page if you have to come back and make changes once the whole video has been created.

Not sure where you are - I am in East Iowa on top of the tallest hill here in the Mississipp;i valley.

Bet you are on a mountain top. :

Alan

Waiting for my 8mm,s8mm frame by frame film scanner to come. I do a lot of conversions of movies for folks. Just to keep busy since I am retired.
garioch7
[Post New]
Alan:

I have not experienced your issue with not being able to modify a PD12 project file once it has been created. Perhaps someone here more knowledgeable can point you in the right direction.

I just live on a bit of a rise overlooking the St. George's Bay. Very picturesque, even in the winter.

Have a great day, Alan.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Phil,

We are all learning.

Thanks again for the support.

If your dvd is to have multiple video clips on it, the multiple clips can be dealt with in the Edit module. Apparently you - then have to save the multiple clips on the hard drive individually. (you cannot take them into the Create pmodule) - You can only move one to the create modulefrom Edit. or, combine them all as one big video with all clips in it - not what I want to do.

So to create multiple clips you need to add them individually from the hard drive, to the create module window (on left), then create the main title page.

Once you burn the dvd it seems you lose the capability to make changes to the main title page - but you can bring the videos back to make changes but have to go through the same process described above.

If you save the video with the main title page to a .pds file - it only saves the first video not all of them.

Oh Well!

Alan

At least that has been my experience so far.

Alan